This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Song of Ice and Fire / Sexiest Characters

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Jeff
User ID: 0227464
Oct 4th 2:17 PM
With a nod to Telisiane for the idea, I thought this might be an interesting topic. Who each of us think is sexy might say a lot about us.

For obvious reasons, I'll limit my vote to women.

1) Ashara Dayne. Violet eyes, lots of spirit. Yeah. Okay, we never met her, but if she's good enough for Ned (assuming you buy that) she's good enough for me.

2) Danys. Yikes! I can already hear the charges of hypocracy for listing a 15 year old as sexy. So I'm qualifying it by saying that I _think_ she'll be one of the sexiest. She seems physically good looking, intelligent, and not an "evil" person. Still too young, but a worthwhile draft choice.

Who I don't think is sexy:

1)Cersei -- while a _little_ slutty can be good, Cersei just takes it to extremes.

2) Asha -- There's no telling what's hiding in them trousers

3) Brienne -- ditto

4) Arya. For obvious reasons.
Ran
User ID: 0283314
Oct 4th 2:18 PM
Asha and Cersei .. I bet they both scratch.

They're on my list. They're wicked and sadistic and mean-spirited, in general, but hey -- sexy is as sexy does. ;)
KAH
User ID: 9209903
Oct 4th 3:03 PM
Hm.

Asha, Danys and that Stone girl. For starters.

As for the unsexy ones, I guess Lollys would make the clearest candidate...
Jeff
Oct 4th 4:44 PM
Lollys. I must admit I forgot about her. And who's the "stone girl"?

I should clarify a little on Asha. Perhaps this is sexist, but any woman who willingly leads reavers to rape and murder innocents has sort of left the sexiness notion behind for me.

I don't know where Catelyn fits. She might be a little too Martha Stewart for me. On the other hand, there seems to be no shortage of guys willing to jump her bones, so you never know. Though I guess most guys will jump just about any bones they can. :)

Telisiane
User ID: 2233684
Oct 4th 5:05 PM
I think you guys definitely have more to choose from. If I were a guy...Asha and Shae and Dany would probably do it for me.

But since I am a woman....

1) Jaime - Well, yes, he's bad. Recall...women aren't attracted to guys who are good for us. We're attracted to the ones in love with their sisters!

2) Benjen- Well, yes... he's taken a vow of celibacy. We could make him renounce his sacred vows, we just know it!

3) Renly - Well, okay....he's gay, I know. But he dresses so nicely (ooh that green plate armor) and we're sure that we could convert him!

4) Rhaegar - Well, so what if he's dead. There's magic in the kingdom again, right? Maybe he becomes an Other and comes back to life!

;0)
Mike H.
User ID: 8290473
Oct 4th 5:11 PM
Incest aside, I kind of like Cersei. Completely unabashed when it comes the her own sexuality. (Contrasted with the somewhat refined Catelyn.) Simply put - Cersei would be a good romp. ;)

Unsexy - Brienne. The physical description reminds me of Sandra Bernhardt for some reason.
Jeff
Oct 4th 5:17 PM
Telisiane, I think your comments about Benjen could be referred to as the "Mr. Spock effect". :)
Carol
User ID: 9405543
Oct 4th 6:19 PM
...or the Catholic priest effect.
Benjen is on my list, after Ned. And Ser Jorah. And his father, who's in my head as a Sean Connery type. I'm showing my age, I know, but I don't think guys come into their full sexual appeal until 35 or so.
Telisiane
User ID: 2233684
Oct 4th 6:39 PM
I left one out:

1) Jaime: Bad Boy Syndrome
2) Benjen: Catholic Priest/Mr. Spock Syndrome
3) Renly: Beautiful Gay Man Syndrome
4) Rhaegar: Dead Hero Syndrome

and

5) Beric Dondarrion: Married-To-His-Career Syndrome - We know we'll never see him, we don't really know all that much about him, but hearing about his brave exploits through the Raven Network could be enough for us! (Strangely enough, Benjen kinda fits in this category too!) =0)
haaruk Oct 4th 7:07 PM
Catelyn- Satisfies my Oedipus Complex.
Brienne- I know she will never cheat.
Asha - I know I will never cheat.
Swithin
User ID: 0443584
Oct 4th 10:34 PM
Oddly enough, Dany doesn't really call out 'sexy' to me, even though the first prereq for sexiness is a confident self-sufficiency. Go figure.

Asha Greyjoy is the sexiest of them all for me, end of story. She is gorgeous, industrious, highly intelligent... and effectively ruthless. I bet she has VERY sharp looking eyes. Jeff might not like a girl who has the backbone to lead a raiding party, but I like a little competition. I'm not into S&M, but how cute is the chance to tease someone into S about their not getting any? My gods that sounds like a fun activity! Haaruk (or should I say Illyn Paine!), how do you know Asha will never cheat? That risk is just another part of the mystique! Asha is an edge... And if you don't like that you might as well all go talk to Catelyn about arranging a marriage with Sansa.

ps - Dany is more intelligent than Asha? We cannot say for sure, but I figure Asha to be much more bold in her pursuits (for her station, at least,) and efficacy is just as important as intelligence when measuring just how far in esteem to place someone. Asha wins hands down (or even handcuffed to the bedpost...) for cleverness.
KAH
User ID: 9209903
Oct 5th 2:39 AM
I was referring to Robert's bastard in the Eyrie. We don't have much to go on wrt description, but...I don't know. There must be some reason why I thought of her all of a sudden. :o)
Min
User ID: 1446254
Oct 5th 3:51 AM
swithin: "the first prereq for sexiness is
a confident self-sufficiency"... that was wise.
And Haaruk meant Brienne would never cheat. With Asha, _he_ would never cheat. Think about it, and you will know why. :-)

My coices:
5. Jon
4. Benjen
3. Jaime
2. Theon
1. Sandor

What's wrong with the girl? Is what you're going to say, don't you? :-)

Well: I like the dark characters. I like knowing that there's something beyond the surface, some thing you have to dig for, you have to reveal. I am not attracted by things I can win just so... I want to fight for them. I need to be challenged, and these guys all would be a challenge (though Jon is too young). Robb, or even Ned, would be far too boring, I think.

And here's another one: As I mostly had male best friends, I can very well tell which woman I would find the most appealing were I a man. I can only think of three right now, so:
3. Cersei - Hey, we're talking about _sexy_, not about loveable.
2. Lyanna - she was strong, I think, ready to fight for what she believed. _And_ beautiful, no doubt.
1. Asha - Yes, the Greyjoy family is high up in my list ;-)
Min
Oct 5th 3:52 AM
I forgot one. Even Tyrion would be in there, despite his looks. Intelligence bears a high sex-appeal for me. :-)
haaruk Oct 5th 4:35 AM
Swithin, or should I say Varys? Think before you leap.
Min
Oct 5th 5:21 AM
leap before you look,
dare to make mistakes.

a quote from a good poem. :-)
Ser Gary
User ID: 8068153
Oct 5th 7:33 AM
Shae now, Sansa later. Like Sandor, I'm somehow drawn to her character.
Jeff
Oct 5th 8:05 AM
Min, I'm sort of curious here. Is there any particular reason you're assuming that Benjen is materially different than Ned? In terms of "challenging", I would think that the characters you listed, other than Benjen, would be fairly easy to seduce. Its not like theon is going to turn it down. So where's the challenge?

Oh, and just to take the opposite tack from some of the other guys, and I guess Min as well, I don't think that a confident self-sufficiency is a prerequisite for sexiness. Maybe for a good relationship, but not sexiness. The confident self-sufficient role is a good one, but I think that the vulnerable/slutty (or cute) role can be fairly effective as well. Especially if you're drunk. :)) The ole Sharon Stone/Meg Ryan debate. (I guess I'm dating myself here). I guess I just like -er, liked - to keep my options open.
Min
Oct 5th 8:16 AM
oh, no. Not challenging in the meaning of difficult to seduce. Challenging as a character. Challenging my intellect, my wits, my curiosity, my will to explore, my ability to fight.

If you say that this has nothing to do with being sexy... well, I can't help you then. ;-)

Jon, for example, would be pretty easy to seduce, vows and all, if the woman is experienced and clever enough. :-) But he's a challenging character.
Or Sandor, my first choice: There is so much beyond the surface, so much untold, unseen, hidden and buried. _That_ is challenging. That is why I named Tyrion, too, though his looks are not appealing at all.
Ned would be very difficult to seduce, but I do not think his character challenging - less challenging than the others on my list.

As to self-sufficiency: I do believe that what you think of yourself, what you are able to give yourself, you can give others, too. That and _nothing_ more. If you don't love and respect yourself, you will never be able to fully love and respect others. If you think yourself ugly, your beauty will not show. I know many examples of that.
Meg Ryan's role as sweet, insecure girl is nice (i really like her), but I think that is something that may call to the protective instinct in some men. Insecurity can be charming. Lacking self-confidence can not. Imho.

And just to answer your next argument in advance: Of course Sandor as an example is full of self-hatred. But that is self-hatred, not lack of self-confidence. It is... well, challenging. :-)
Telisiane
User ID: 9719083
Oct 5th 10:04 AM
Interesting that so many women like Benjen isn't it? We saw him for probably less than one chapter and we all luv him! I personally think that Benjen has an aura of danger about him that Ned never had. I agree with Min that Ned is prolly boring; and we learned too much about Ned. It would be difficult to seduce a man who has cloaked himself in such a holier-than-thou attitude. And my guess is that Ned has little to no imagination in bed. ;0)

Min - I thought you were kidding about Theon! Auugghhhh! ;0)
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages