This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Song of Ice and Fire / The Movie II

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Zer0hour
User ID: 1432154
Jan 15th 1:54 PM
The other board is full, my friends, so this is to continue what was last said...
Zer0hour
Jan 15th 2:03 PM
Street prophet asked who these actors and actresses are:

Lacey Chabert (Daenerys)--Party of Five and Lost in Space Movie. Just put some silver hair on her.

Scott Barstow (Theon)--Wild America and The Postman. He played a womanizing asshole for a while on Party of Five last season.

Tina Majorino (Arya)--Corina, Corina and Waterworld. Waterworld was the huge inspiration for her.

And about Gosling and Thomas for Jon and Robb--I don't think so much anymore. As I've said many times before, I see myself as Jon in the book and my half brother as Robb (who's really a year older than me but it works. Don't any of you see yourselves as any of the characters in the books?
Street Prophet
User ID: 2107894
Jan 16th 1:20 AM
Thank you Malice, thank you Zero. Much obliged.
I'm not too sure about Lacey Chabert though. She's a lovely young woman but I don't think I'd describe her as being inhumanly beautiful. You'd need someone who gives you an immediate inferiority complex when you look at them.
Zer0hour
Jan 16th 10:49 AM
Actually, Prophet, I started watching Party of Five because of Lacey Chabert's radiance. I am aware though that she doesn't strike everyone's fancy.
KAH
User ID: 0541004
Jan 16th 11:45 AM
Remind me...is she the one playing the violin?
Street Prophet
Jan 17th 1:16 AM
What do you mean by radiance Zero? You mean her strength of character or her acting ability. I've never seen the show so I'm just curious.
Zer0hour
Jan 17th 3:06 AM
Radiance in BEAUTY, my friend. I have a thing for short, petite brunettes (pardon the spelling so late at night) and she's only a year younger than me so I'm allowed to look and dream.

And, yes, KAH, she is the violinist, and a damn fine one if I ever heard one.

Anyway, it's hard finding actors and actresses to do these parts. I mean, most of the main roles are younger people and they do some things that just aren't age-legal to film or show in the USA or many other places in the world. This is why I agree with what was said on the REALLY old board. ASoIaF needs to be an anime. I nice one though; none of this choppy-Sailormoon-crap, but the good quality ones, like the artist who did Legend of Lemnear or Record of Lodoss Wars the one that did the Street Fighter II movie that's always on Showtime. Hell, I've been sketching some rough pics of characters for the Kings Landing page, and I'm doing them in the anime format. It just works for me, and as voice actors:

-Eddard...Val Kilmer
-Tyrion...Warwick Davis (It's pretty much been decided he's perfect for the part no matter what)
-Daenerys...Lacey Chabert (I'm sorry, I like her voice)
-Catelyn...Jodie Foster
-King Robert...John Goodman (He's just got that bellowing-large-man voice)
-Qhorin Halfhand...Robert DeNiro (You talkin' to me?)
Street Prophet
Jan 17th 11:09 PM
Have you submitted any of these to the King's Landing page yet, Zero?
Street Prophet
Jan 18th 2:44 AM
Oh, and Demi Moore has a very rich sensual voice. Maybe she can voice Ygritte or better yet she can voice Osha. I'd imagine she has a very husky, sensual voice.
Zer0hour
Jan 18th 8:19 AM
No, I have not submitted anything, cuz when it comes to any sort of works of mine, I'm a perfectionist and they aren't what I want them to be yet.
Dirjj
User ID: 6960173
Jan 18th 2:26 PM
Demi Moore is too short. I think Bridgette Nielsen would be a good Osha.

ab
Zer0hour
Jan 18th 4:26 PM
Osha? I always saw Osha as Zap from American Gladiators.
Street Prophet
Jan 19th 2:20 AM
You know the more I think about it . . .
Okay I think Jeor Mormont should be Brian Dennehy
Jorah Mormont: Bruce Willis
Harvey Keitel was my origional choice for Jorah Mormont but he just didn't seem BEAR enough. Brian Dennehy and Bruce Willis both seem to be bears. Still working on that casting list man. It's gotta be perfect!
Ami
User ID: 2742064
Jan 19th 11:03 AM
Zer0hour, be sure to tell us if/when you do send your sketches to Sulthon. Aside from the sketches (which are obvious) what mediums do you work with?
KAH
User ID: 0541004
Jan 19th 1:24 PM
Dirjj;

Nielsen's got the height, but she'd better remove those implants if she's going to be Osha... :o)
Dirjj
User ID: 6960173
Jan 19th 2:39 PM
Um, I believe that a woman can wrap her upper body up in a bunch of cloth (mummy style) and wear a tight vest to hide that. Myramma (sp) did that in the Farland book BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF. Okay book. Enjoyable read if a bit hokey.

ab
Ran
User ID: 0867924
Jan 19th 2:47 PM
Hrm. There's only so much a woman can comfortably squeeze down in that manner. From my recollection, Nielsen would be .. uhm ... hard-pressed to get quite as flat as Osha, or even anywhere near it. ;)

And you've got the problem of the nude scene where Osha splashes up out of the hot pool in Winterfell. Of course, one could cut it, but there it is. ;)

Frankly, I wouldn't mind someone who could _act_ in the role of Osha. Nielsen's a nice lady and all, but ... Red Sonja, anyone? ;)

Of course, after opening my big mouth, I'll have to say quite lamely that I have no suggestions whatsoever for the Osha role. ;)
Zer0hour
Jan 19th 7:12 PM
Ami, what do you mean by medians?
Byron Feb 2nd 5:58 PM
I don't know about you, but I've see the actor who plays Argyle Wallace (William's uncle) in Braveheart as a good Lord Commander.
As far as the rest of these go, I don't know if they've been mentioned before, but:
Tywin Lannister - the actor who played Claudius from Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet
Jaime Lannister - Brad Pitt
Littlefinger - Kenneth Branagh (somebody else said they can't see him as Littlefinger. Ever since I saw this suggestion, I can't *not* see him as Littlefinger. He has the look, for me.)
Loras Tyrell - Rupert Everett (saw him in Midsummer's Night Dream as Oberon, and was very impressed. Again, he has the look.)
Theon - the drugdealer camcorder kid from American Beauty
Min
User ID: 0074284
Feb 2nd 6:00 PM
Hey, Byron, you were the first to suggest Brad Pit as Jaime, too! :-)
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages