This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Gallery Pics

[email protected]
User ID: 0122954
Nov 11th 5:37 PM
Hey everyone.
I was just wondering if any of you knew where I can get some really cool pics of the Ice and Fire Saga (Like cover art and varies pics of Jon Snow)
Please e-mail me back at [email protected]
Thank you all very much
Ami
User ID: 8666863
Nov 12th 1:10 PM
I sent this guy or gal email so this is for everyone. Sulthon has the beginnings of a fan art gallery at his website http://web2.airmail.net/sulthon/
which right now only has some of my sketches on it (sketches, mind you not great works of art) and tho, I'm working on Dany/Dragons and Cersei to send to him I'd like - no, I'd love - to see other people's work. If any of you or your friends have some, send them Sulthon's way. He, also, has posted on that page some suggestions of what he'd like to see, so everyone get those pencils and paints out and let's see what the SoIaF community can do!
KAH
User ID: 9209903
Nov 13th 10:22 AM
Ami;

I liked 'Cersei's whispers' very much.
Cersei looks a little young, but elsewise I thought it was very nice.
Ami
Nov 15th 11:12 AM
Yeah, Cersei does look to young. But hey, thanx KAH! That is a prelimenary(sp?) sketch, so I do intend to improve that one.
LIndaElane
User ID: 7733333
Nov 15th 10:30 PM
Hey, I think Cersei looks 33 or so. Anyway, I did like your sketches. Do you think you could make it so that the final two will enlarge? I would like to see them closer.
Ami
Nov 16th 1:14 AM
Well, it's actually Sulthon's site. And I think he's working on it still. He's busy a lot, so I really haven't bugged him about it. I've got to send him a new one of Dany to send and I know he's got something from another artist so since I know he'll be working on it anyway, I'll mention it to him... Hey, thanx!
Ami
Nov 19th 11:24 AM
Hey, everyone, Sulthon put up some new stuff for me and one of John Snow by someone named Kielen that is excellent! You should check it out!
KAH
Nov 19th 11:47 AM
Ami;

I thought the 'Mother of Dragons' pic was cool, although Dany looks...er...I dunno. Too old? Not quite satisfactory, but something is odd about her. Perhaps she just look that way because of her hair being burned away... :P

I _loved_ the 'Arya and Nymeria' picture.
Not only for the drawing in itself, but for the 'setting' (for lack of a better word) as well - Arya seems like she's either watching someone secretly from a hidden place, or like she suddenly popped up from a hiding place right in front of me, just like I envision an adventurous Arya Underfoot would.
Great stuff.

Oh yes...I can certainly testify to the brilliance to Keilen's interpretation of Jon Snow.
I wonder if someone could provide a mail address, so that I could entice he or she to draw more?
LindaElane
User ID: 7733333
Nov 19th 7:48 PM
I thought the Jon Snow pic was of high technical quality, but I thought that Jon looked like a girl. Also, I would not have drawn the eyes covered, but brooding, haunted, intense.

The Arya picture I liked very much. To me, it showed her trying to be like Nymeria, she has literally come down to Nymeria's level. However, the difference in the eyes is quite striking, Nymeria's prowling, Arya's all too human and almost fearful. I think it says that Arya will not become an indiscriminate killer, like a wolf. I am probably being too literal in my interpretation, but that is what I got out of it.
Ami
Nov 22nd 12:18 PM
Thanx, you two!

I like reading other's interpretations of my stuff. It's very interesting. ;) However, I'm not going to comment because that's what makes art art to me, other's interpretations.

Kay, it's funny (and I mean in a Ha-Ha way) I was rather pleased w/Dany and not 100% pleased w/the Dragons. I appreciate the input _always_, whether or not I agree... ;)

I'll see about get Keilen's email addr...
KAH
Nov 22nd 1:31 PM
Ami;

I asked Sulthon for the e-mail address, and he said he would inquire if Keilen had any objections...

Keelyn
User ID: 0053014
Nov 28th 9:43 PM
I was thinking of doing the battle at the trident. What do u think? How about Watercolor???
KAH
Nov 29th 9:18 AM
Great idea! Situation pictures can be pretty powerful...
Ami
Nov 30th 12:09 PM
Keelyn, or Keilen? One in the same?

I thought a big battle seen would be better in acrylic or airbrush. Tho' I love watercolor and after seeing your Jon Snow I would think you could do the Trident in any medium ;) BTW, did you use charcoal for Jon?
Keelyn
User ID: 0053014
Nov 30th 10:46 PM
Actually, you're right. Watercolor would be a bit soft, wouldn't it? Ami, I really liked you're Arya and Nymeria picture. The eyes up close were a nice touch, and Arya's had a lot character.

Nope, Jon was a sketch. No charcoal. But it's fun to use, eh?
Min
User ID: 9433023
Dec 16th 10:41 PM
Have you ever put your pictures up on Elfwood? I often thought there have to be some GRRM inspired pictures... :-)
Ami
Dec 17th 5:52 PM
No, Min, I haven't. What's the addr, I'd like to poke around there and see what they've got...
Ami
Dec 17th 8:52 PM
I found it! Wow, you need a few hours to spend on that site!