This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Song of Ice and Fire / Clear my name!

Next 20 Messages Newest Messages
Generic Eric
User ID: 8339223
Feb 18th 4:08 PM
That was not me who posted in "Boiled cabbage and beets" or whatever it was. Some other guy used my name or something. The same "Cool Knight Ron" in GRRM vs. Brooks.

Sorry I had to start this subject, you can delete it soon Ran, I just had to whine about this....I guess its no big deal...
Zer0
User ID: 1432154
Feb 18th 4:29 PM
We seem to be having this problem a lot lately. Maybe the rove of hackers that's been about lately have hit here too. They're everywhere.
calenth
User ID: 2525954
Feb 18th 5:01 PM
nah, this just always happens with boards where names don't get registered. .you all should switch to UBB based board or some other format where there are unique name registries.
ZerO
User ID: 2107894
Feb 19th 2:16 AM
By the way I think Street Prophet is a wimp.
Street Prophet
Feb 19th 2:17 AM
What!!! I'm gonna kick your keyster buddy! Get ready for the pain!
Zer0
User ID: 1432154
Feb 19th 12:59 PM
They can't even spell my name right! It's with a zero instead of an O, you can easily tell. Okay, whoever you are, screw off, as for the rest of you, it was fun, but, quite frankly, putting up with this rude asshole just takes away from everything. I suggest you all do the same. And to all I bid adieu.

Until forever,
Zer0hour
Street Prophet
Feb 20th 2:03 AM
Oh don't be such a Stannis, Zer0. I only did it for fun. If I offended you, I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything by it. Don't go off in a huff. I'm not the hacker who's been putting his name down as other people's though. I only did it this time because it seemed amusing for the subject at hand.
SteveNJ
User ID: 9426023
Feb 21st 12:41 PM
That was pretty funny Street Prophet...get ready for the pain...LOL!
Street Prophet
Feb 23rd 0:32 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! Thump!!
Min
User ID: 0074284
Feb 27th 6:55 AM
Hey, guys, behave. :-)
Zer0, c'mon and don't get insulted by petty little jokes.
This board, unlike most others, has a certain way of politeness I just _want_ to see happening here, OK?
Zer0
User ID: 8813033
Feb 27th 8:08 AM
I'm a little curious about my last post, where I says "I suggest you all do the same." The same what? It really doesn't make a lot of sense. I've really confused even myself this time.

Min
Feb 29th 8:57 AM
Hm, perhaps you meant "putting up with this rude" andsoon? It wouldn't make a lot of sense, but hey. :-) Nice to see you still around, Zer0. :-)
Claidhaim
User ID: 8590713
Feb 29th 9:24 AM
I had the same problem with someone using my moniker to voice their own opinions. It was here about a year ago or more. I chased him down by using the User ID, sent him a nice email explaining that I didn't appreciate his use of my name to voice opinions I didn't agree with and kindly asked him to not do that again.

You know what happened? He disappeared. Didn't post again, and never replied to my email.

I've often wondered what happened to him.
Ser Gary
User ID: 1523284
Feb 29th 10:07 AM
I think he's running for President of the U.S.
KAH
User ID: 0541004
Feb 29th 10:25 AM
You mean...it was Boy George?
Min
Feb 29th 11:16 AM
Claid, how _do_ you track someone down by his user ID?
Claidhaim
User ID: 8590713
Feb 29th 11:34 AM
He posted previously, then I found him in aol. Since he signed his name as *****@aol.com or something. I really forget who it was, but he did have his email or something around here somewhere which made it very easy to find him.

It was just a matter of matching up the fake Claidhaim post ID with the other ID.
Min
Feb 29th 5:32 PM
Oh, I see. It is so easy to track people down in AOL. That's why I wouldn't use it. :-)
Street Prophet
Feb 29th 11:00 PM
If that's Zer0, how come he doesn't have the same User ID as before?
Swithin
User ID: 0289604
Feb 29th 11:58 PM
I looked out the user ID, and I found it was someone on this board. Can't remember who.
Next 20 Messages Newest Messages