This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Song of Ice and Fire / 12 painted scenes

Lodengarl
User ID: 1822634
May 24th 11:18 AM
Getting people thinking here...what do you think would be the best 12 scenes to represent an aSoIaF calendar? Can be in any order, or specific, or even seasonal if you are really tricky...
Lodengarl
May 24th 11:25 AM
My choices for an aGoT calendar in no particular order would be:
1) Finding the Direwolves, 2) Feast at Winterfell, 3) Bran flying..eheheh, 4) Viserys Dying, 5) Birth of the Dragons 6) Ned-behead-ed, 7) Tyrion's trial on the Eeyrie, 8) The Jousting tournament, 9) Barristan being dismissed, 10) Robb being hailed the "King of the North", 11) Jon defending Mormont against the Wight, 12) Sansa, The Hound and Joff on the battlements with Ned's head
Ran
User ID: 0867924
May 24th 11:44 AM
For _A Game of Thrones_:

January: Winterfell as Robert and co. arrive.

February: Sansa on the kingsroad. Renly, Barristan, Ser Ilyn Payne, Joff, Cersei, etc.

March: Arya and Syrio.

April: Bran's flying dream. A montage of the images would be neat.

May: The finding of the direwolf pups.

June: Ned's dream (of the confrontation before the tower of joy.)

July: The Knight of Flowers unhorsing the Mountain, with the Hound, Sansa, and Ned all in clear view.

August: The Vale of Arryn. Cat, Brynden, Tyrion, Bronn, and co. looking down at it after passing the Bloody Gate.

September: The battle on the Green Fork. Maybe a nice eagle's eye view ith the great mass of forces charging at one another and so on.

October: The betrayal of Ned.

November: The birth of the dragons.

December: The Wall and Castle Black.

I'd probably shift the order around some if I thought about it more, but I think January and December are firm in my head. ;)
Ser Benjen
User ID: 2122084
May 24th 12:27 PM
Good one Lodengarl.

1)A shocked Ser Waymar Royce gaping, as the Others materialize out of the Haunted forest around him

2)Tyrion standing in the doorway to the feast hall of Winterfell casting a "giant" shadow, while Jon looks on.

3)A Tri-pict a.Jon and Sam kneeling in the ring of Weirwood trees swearing the Oath. b.Arya breaking the "wooden sword" over her knee in front of the heart tree in Harrenhal. Ned cleaning Ice at the foot of the heart tree in Winterfell.

4)Sandor Clegane standing over Loras Tyrell blocking a savage swing of his brothers great sword on the tourney grounds

5)Three knights of the Kingsguard standing before the Tower of Joy, drawing their swords.

6)Rhaegar Targaryen handing Lyanna Stark the Crown of beauty (Blue winter roses), while the other nobility looks on in shock.

7)Jaime Lannister, bound, brought before Robb after the battle of the Whispering Wood

8)Dany lying in the ashes of Khal Drogo's funeral pyre, cradling her dragons.

9)The comet burning bright over the battlements of Dragonstone.

10)Stannis unsheathing Lightbringer with Cat and Renly looking on, with Storm's End looming in the background.

11)Tyrion's view of the green "holocaust" on the Blackwater Rush as the his cogs full of wildfire destroy Stannis' fleet.

12)Bran looking back at Winterfell as it smolders in the smokey morning light.
Lodengarl
May 24th 12:41 PM
Niiiice ones guys...can someone refresh me on the Tower of Joy scene again, everyone says it is the best scene, but I lost it in my head.
Ser Benjen
User ID: 2122084
May 24th 12:44 PM
Ned is dreaming about the past, right after his leg was broken.

It's at the very beginning of the chapter, I think it's page 425 in the US paperback edition, but I could be wrong.
Ran
User ID: 0867924
May 24th 12:51 PM
It's Ned's chapter after the Kingslayer and his men attacked Eddard and his guards, killing Jory Cassel and getting Ned's leg broken.

He's in a drugged delirium and has a dream of the tower of joy where he and his companions (whose faces and horses are all in shadow) confront the three Kingsguard (whose faces burn crystal clear in his memory). They exchange words before at last the inevitable happens and they fight. Very cool stuff.
Street Prophet
User ID: 2107894
May 24th 9:25 PM
Puh-lease people! You want some good images, here you go!
1). Jon Snow drinking wine in the Great Hall
2). Ned dismounting his horse in Maegor's Holdfast
3). The Lannister boys trying to put on Robert's armour.
4). Jon Snow spreading crushed rocks on the Ice Wall.
5). Gendry polishing his horned helmet.
6). Arya cleaning steps.
7). Bronn grabbing his crotch and grinning.
8). Tyrion sitting on the privy.
9). Lady Tanda's daughter eating in bed.
10). Robb Stark adjusting his crown.
11). Sansa and Jeyne Poole eating half a strawberry pie on the steps.
12). And finally, Shagga yawning and scratching himself.
Now who wouldn't want to have a calendar like that?!
Lodengarl
May 25th 10:22 AM
that is great!! ahahhahahah
LindaElane
User ID: 0276214
May 25th 10:19 PM
Fun......I am going to post my thoughts and then go back and look at the other, so sorry if I duplicate. These are in no particular order.

---Ned ascending to the block. Ilyn Payne at the ready, Joff gazing on malignantly.

-- Catelyn raising the sword to Jaime.

---He dreamt an old dream, of three knights in white cloaks, and a tower .....they were seven facing three, the red mountains of Dorne behind them, their white cloaks blowing in the wind..

---Rhegar giving the wreath of winter roses to his queen of love and beauty.

---Dany and Kahl Drogo, riding across the grasslands with their followers.

----The Lady Sansa asks mercy of Queen Cersei.

-- A landscape of the Eyrie and the three castles which guard it.

--Tyrion and Jon Snow talking at the top of the wall.

--Arya discovering the ancient Dragons, 2 plotters hidden in the shadows.

--Tyrion with some of his clansmen. Shagga, etc.

--A collage, where we "see into Bran's head" and he sees Jon Snow fighting in the north.

--King Robert's party enters Winterfell for a banquet. I want this one because at least two dozen of the major characters in the book are together, they all go separate ways after that.