This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Song of Ice and Fire / 2 births?

Lodengarl
User ID: 1822634
May 26th 7:56 AM
Didn't GRRM say there would be two births in aSoS to show that life goes on...who will the two new ones be? I was reading aCoK last night, and it hit me hard at one point, what if Shae got pregnant with Tyrion's child - and Tyrion then had to deal with whore/court idea...of course, I haven't read the 2nd half of aCoK since it came out so I may be off base...ideas?
Ser Benjen
User ID: 2122084
May 26th 9:29 AM
In Sansa's and Tyrion's chapters we got look at Lollys Stokeworth, who is pregnant. Shae is now a lady in waiting for her.

Through Jon's POV we met Gilly, one of Craster's daughters she is also pregnant.
Brady
User ID: 0721754
May 26th 9:19 PM
I think Shae would take precautions against pregnancy. if Gilly's child is one of the births, than Sam would have to rescue her. After all its not a pleasant reminder of life going on if the childs future consists of;
a)Growing up and marrying your fatherif your a girl; or
b) being given to the Others if your a boy
Min
User ID: 0074284
May 27th 0:11 AM
I'd LOVE to see a son of Tyrion and Shae. That would make for some wonderful Martinlike plot twists... a child of Tyrion - a heir to Casterly Rock... wow. I am praying one of the births would be hers to give.

Of course she could prevent pregnancy. But why the heck should she, if she has any common sense? She is a whore, and right now bedding the son of the most powerful man in the kingdom. Is there any better chance for her? Has there ever been in her life? C'mon, she's a woman. Women have known for ages how to bind a man - either out of love or out of some sort of greed - by the baby-trap.
Street Prophet
User ID: 2107894
May 27th 2:02 AM
Remind me never to get into a relationship with you Min.
By the by, I think if anyone is going to have a child of Tyrion's it would be Tysha.
Lodengarl
May 30th 9:27 AM
Who is Craster again? I forgot...also, isn't Tysha dead?
Ser Benjen
User ID: 2122084
May 30th 9:47 AM
Craster was the guy that the rangers from Castle Black holed up with for a night in CoK. He had a ton of wives (some of which were also his daughters) and he told Jeor Mormont that the Wildlings were up in the Frostfangs.

Sam told one of the daughters (Gilly) that Jon would help her escape Craster.
Lodengarl
May 30th 9:57 AM
Oh, that is right...thanks again Ser Benjen!! Devils=details or details=devils - I see the need for a glossary of places, people, and things very soon...I had the one for Lord of the Rings when I re-read it and it helped make the story more enjoyable to read and understand...a Glossary will be paramount for this saga.
KAH
User ID: 0541004
May 30th 10:07 AM
We don't know what happened to Tysha after the guards were done with her, IIRC...
Moreta
User ID: 0701364
May 30th 10:15 AM
Either way, if she lived and bore a child, her child wouldn't be one of the two births. I don't think Tyrion will face Tysha again not this soon.

By the way, how many months is Lollys pregnant? Two or three? Is that enough time for her to give birth? I could foresee Gilly giving birth since Sam's got a POV.
Lodengarl
May 30th 10:55 AM
I thought Tysha was long gone and long forgotten...surely as a whore who was married to Tyrion then f$cked by the entire "staff" and then thrown away - wouldn't she be long dead or long forgotten? Tyrion thinks of her, but only in measuring his desire and care for Shae..why do people think Tysha will get back in the picture?