This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Song of Ice and Fire / aSoS set-up

Lodengarl
User ID: 1822634
May 30th 8:52 AM
Just summarizing since it has been so long...at the end of aCoK, is this where we are when aSoS starts?

Arya: her, Gendry, Hot Pie escape Harrenhal for Riverrun?
Sansa: Waiting at KL for Ser Dontos' plan to escape the night of Joff's wedding?
Robb: Waiting where with his troops for his next attack?
Bran: taken by frogeaters and Hodor to the North
Rikkon: taken by Oshra to where?
Jon: taken by the Wildlings who are gathering to attack the wall.
Stannis: captured in the battle for KL?
Melisandre: she was returned to Dragonstone before the battle?
Tyrion: recovering at KL, realized Cersei tried to have him killed.
Theon: killed by Reek at Winterfell
Danny: heading back to Pentos to receive help from Illyrio
Catelyn: waiting at Riverrun with her father?
Tommen: hidden by Jacelyn Bywater
Mycelle: where is she again?
The Hound: ran away, who know's where?
Davos: dround, burned or both?
Anyone else I missed?
Ser Benjen
User ID: 2122084
May 30th 9:05 AM
Lodengarl, just wanted to add some specifics.

Robb: Last mentioned taking the Crag in the West
Cat: Asking for Brienne's sword in Jaime's dungeon cell.
Jon: "Turn-cloak", more like a captive of Rattleshirt then a Wildling, as I see it.
Melisandre: Stannis did send her back to Dragonstone.
Theon: We have no idea if Theon is dead. GRRM is dropping that POV, but he admitted that it doesn't mean that he's dead.
Myrcella: She is at Sunspear w/ Ser Aerys Oakheart of the Kingsguard.
Lodengarl
May 30th 9:25 AM
Wasn't Myrcella given to the Dorns as a ward, or married to someone...why is this escaping me?
Ser Benjen
May 30th 9:43 AM
Sunspear is the Martells castle and the "capitol" of Dorne. She was given to the Martells and betrothed to young Tristane Martell, who is Prince Doran's son.

We must remember Robett Glover and Helman Tallhart are marching on Duskendale with about a third of the Northern force.
Ser Benjen
May 30th 9:50 AM
We should also add Sam Tarly, as he is a POV character in SoS. Sam is still at the Fist of the First Men with around 300 brothers of the Night's Watch.
Lodengarl
May 30th 9:56 AM
Thanks for clearing that up Ser Benjen...your mind is a steel trap...I just finished aCoK again last night and I have lost details already! Duskendale? Hmmm, not sure where that is...
KAH
User ID: 0541004
May 30th 10:06 AM
Stannis;
considering how he wasn't paraded in front of Joffrey, we can assume that he wasn't taken alive, at least. Could be that he got away, either to Dragonstone or Storm's End.

Tyrion;
Suspects that Cersei tried to kill him. I think he is wrong.

Tommen;
Was in Bywater's custody last we hear, but Cersei would not doubt try to get him back. Whether she succeeded, is anyone's guess.
Ser Benjen
May 30th 10:08 AM
Duskendale is on the Eastern Coast of Westeros on Blackwater Bay, not too far from King's Landing.

Thanks for the compliment, but Ran is really the man, and I just happen to have a big map of Westeros pinned up in my "office" at work ;)
Moreta
User ID: 0701364
May 30th 10:12 AM
In Sansa's chapter, at least one month must have passed because she's at Joffrey's wedding.

I think the Hound won't show up in the beginning, maybe later.

Tyrion should still be brooding in his room because he sure can't go out and show his face.

Stannis, Melissandre, and Davos should be on Dragonstone, making plans for one last doomed invasion.

And Catelyn...darn. We don't know if her first chapter picks up right after ACOK or takes one month later. She's the biggest mystery of all POVs now.

Ser Benjen
May 30th 10:16 AM
Which of Sansa's chapter's are you refering to Moreta? I thought it was just the post-battle celebration. You know the recognition of the arrival of Tywin Lannister, the alliance w/ the Tyrells and the betrothal of Margaery and Joffrey. Or did I miss something?
Lodengarl
May 30th 10:53 AM
Davos is going to a watery hell the last time we see him and the wedding is coming up 1 month from that chapter, that is when the plan is to escape. Ser Benjen...did you make this map of Westeros or is it something you can buy?

2 things that are a must have when this series ends..

1) a full sized wall map with every town as well as every house of every lord, etc...maybe have a set of Wall maps that show the progression from before the first book to the end of the last book.

2) a full glossary with descriptions of every place, event, thing and character...not just "Son of blah blah blah" but more details and deeds.
Ser Benjen
May 30th 11:02 AM
I just blew up the maps from the US version of Clask of Kings on a copier, and then overlapped the North and South maps to make one big map showing the whole continent.

Moreta
User ID: 0701364
May 30th 9:25 PM
Benjen, I was referring to Sansa's first chapter in ASOS. One month probably has passed since her last chapter in ACOK. Martin said that she'd be meeting Margaery Tyrell at the wedding dinner.
Ser Benjen
May 31st 6:57 AM
It's not the wedding dinner, but it is about a month later.
KAH
User ID: 0541004
May 31st 10:17 AM
But let's not elaborate on that, shall we...?
Ser Benjen
May 31st 10:22 AM
Oh OK Kay-Arne, I'll shut up.