This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Song of Ice and Fire / House Participation in Robert's Rebellio

Rania
User ID: 0638514
Jul 30th 4:37 PM
I just thought of a question did an area's lords all fight on the side that the Lord of the area chose during Robert's Rebellion?
For example, did the entire North fight for Robert? or did the entire Highgarden area fight for the Targaryens?
Ran
User ID: 0867924
Jul 30th 4:55 PM
I suspect all the north did fight for Robert, as in all the Houses were for Robert.

But, no doubt, there were stormlords, reachlords, and valelords who were for the opposite side compared to their overlords. We know there were riverlords who fought for the Targaryens (the Darrys and Mootons, and perhaps others.) Dorne ... you probably had a fair portion fighting for the Targaryens, and a more ambivalent portion that refused to fight on either side.

Westerlords ... well, like the Vale is currently, no doubt there were different opinions and levels of interest in fighting for one side or another among the houses there. But I presume that no one dared move to join one side or another so long as Tywin kept them leashed.