This is a mirror of the now defunct eesite ASOIAF webboard.

The discussions for G.R.R. Martin's awesome series "A Song of Ice and Fire" are now being held at: Current ASoIaF Webboard

You cannot post new messages to this board. Go to the Current ASoIaF Webboard for the most current discussions.

A Song of Ice and Fire / A Song of Ice and Fire / Sansa's hairnet - speculation

Nymeria
User ID: 9286933
Aug 6th 3:04 AM
Just reread the part where Ser Dontos gives Sansa her hairnet following a theory on this board that it is from Varys due to spider references - then it struck me that the net's significance is not magic after all. Dontos tells Sansa it is justice for her father - the stones are not amethysts, they are the same rare Asshai poison that Cressen tried to kill Melisandre with at Dragonstone and they must either be for her to give to Joffrey as revenge, or for her to use on anyone but as a gift from Varys in recompense for his part in Eddard's death.
What do you guys think?
Ants
User ID: 2240694
Aug 6th 8:39 AM
I think this has been mentioned, but it was before I joined the board (I believe I've heard references to it in other threads).
Fourthman
User ID: 1251404
Aug 23rd 6:28 PM
There was a brief argument, but Revanshe was the first person to mention it, she was correct.