January 1999 items

"Rising Son" on TNT this Sunday 1/31.
"Rounders" video arriving on 2/9/99.

1/29/99 A belated find: In a review of the film "Monument Ave." on the CNN site which appeared on October 06, 1998, reviewer Paul Tatara wrote: Note: Paul Tatara has really praised Matt. See his review of "Rounders" in my "Rounders" page.

1/28/99 According to yesterday's New York Daily's Michael Fink, this took place at the CAA party after the Golden Globe:

Note: Matt is a big baseball fan, as we all know. He is also often named for a much coverted role in a rumored film about the baseball legend.
And how about Matt and Jack Nicholson on a first-name basis? Come to think about it, someone should script a screenplay for these two. Let's see: a father and son who are both baseball fans ...

1/27/99 Well, it's not like last year, but Matt can be considered to have gotten a nomination. The cast of Saving Private Ryan have been nominated for the best ensemble award by the Screen Actors Guild (SAG). Speaking of which, it was rather unkind of director Steven Spielberg to make no mentioning at all of his cast when he accepted awards for SPR at the Golden Globes, especially with Matt sitting right in front of the stage. Remember how much Matt put himself into promoting for the film? Once the film became a b.o. hit, we hardly heard Matt's name mentioned with it any more (it's now all Spielberg and Hanks). I feel even worse for the rest of the cast who played the soldiers, the ones who did have to go to boot camp on the order of Spielberg - Ed Burns, Tom Sizemore, Jeremy Davis, et. al: These guys thought they were going to the Oscars this year - I am afraid not.
Goes to show you the pecking order in Hollywood.

1/26/99 A visitor to this site sent in the following eyewitness account of -:

1/25/99 Golden Globe Followup

1/25/99 All the Pretty Horses seeking cast and crew:
From the Texas Film Commission page:

1/24/99 The Golden Globe

1/22/99

1/20/99

1/19/99

1/18/99