The Matt Damon Column Archives

Hi! If you have Matt news, write to me at [email protected].)

Welcome to the Matt Damon Column,
a forum for sharing news among Matt fans.

Updated 10/1/2002

Matt to host SNL on Oct. 5.
Matt to be on Conan on Oct. 3.
"Nick Adams" tickets went on sale 9/15 Sunday.

10/1/02 9/28/02
Felicity wrote: 9/27/02
Jeff wrote:
I live in NYC, and I'm part of a group of people who send text messages to each other whenever we see celebrities around town (UPOC.com's "NYC Celebrity Sightings" group; in fact, you don't have to live here to sign up -- read more about it here: here), and I got a message last night (Wednesday, 25 September) from a guy who said he saw Matt Damon and Casey Affleck having dinner at Giorgio's Pizza in Union Square (See here), and then attending a performance of "Burn This", a play starring Matt's 'Rounders' co-star Edward Norton, at the nearby Union Square Theatre ( here).

9/26/02

9/25/02
A Big Matt Fan wrote:
Matt's Bernie Mac delivered solid, if unspectacular ratings. Internal analysis reports:
The season and series premieres of FOX's new Wed. line-up gave the network a win in every half-hour of the night on adults 18-49, adults 18-34 and teens.
Kicking off the night was the premiere of Bernie Mac in its new lead-off time period. Bernie Mac tied its highest adults 18-49 share to date and matched last season's November debut on adults 18-49 (14sh) and adults 18-34 (16sh). Compared to Bernie's average last season among original episodes, this year's premiere showed improvement across a broad array of demos, including adults 18-49 (14 vs. 12sh) and adults 18-34 (16 vs. 14sh). Driven by heavy year to year losses among female teens, overall teens were down -8sh (18 vs. 26sh).

9/24/02

9/23/02
From Felicity: 9/22/02 9/21/02 9/20/02 9/19/02 9/18/02 9/17/02
From Felicity:
I don't know why Australian magazines tend to have lots of Matt photos. Maybe it's just because there are now six weekly women's/celebrity/TV magazines (no tabloids) and there's a huge market for celebrity pictures.
There was surprisingly little coverage, however, of Matt's actual visit. Bourne opens next week, and they probably held onto their stories.
Matt certainly impressed local journalists, though, because he seems to appeal to the local character: down-to-earth, friendly, likes a drink and smoke, and doesn't take himself too seriously.
I found this interview by an Australian journalist, which appeared in a paper last year to promote the release of "Pretty Horses". It's strangely similar to the current round of interviews. Excerpts: 9/16/02 9/15/02 9/13/02 9/12/02 9/11/02 9/10/02 9/9/02 9/8/02 9/7/02 9/6/02 9/5/02
From Felicity: 9/3/02 9/2/02
The Labor Day holiday not withstanding, Felicity came up with a handful of good stuff! 9/1/02 8/30/02
This is a no-frills web site dedicated to a weekly (or so) column on Matt Damon , the actor.
The site is maintained by a fan of the actor and is stricly for the reading pleasure of others who admire Matt. Each column will address a specific topic, along with tidbits and news on Matt.
Readers' emails are welcome. Write to me at [email protected].
Please write fan mail to Matt to:
C/o Patrick Whitesell
Endeavour Talent Agency
9701 Wilshire Blvd.
10th Floor
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Click on a link

I hope you enjoy this site. Sorry if you looked for Matt photos in vain. If you like photos, see Elise's site, which has an excellent photo gallery.
Some good sources of Matt Info
The greenlight project link: The site created by Matt and Ben for online screenplay submission.
E-mail:[email protected]
URL:http://mattdamon.cjb.net
You are visitor to this page since 8/13/99