grosse pointe blank

Give me a random quote that will lead into an informative Q and A

"It's true what they say Oatman, you can never go home again, but I guess you can shop there." Martin Q Blank (John Cusack)

What's it about?

Assassin Martin Q Blank is at the top of his tree. A successful yuppie killer who seems to have it all. However, when his secretary persuades him to go to his high school reunion, things get complicated. Especially as he has a fellow assassin on his tail and an old girlfriend who he dumped a decade earlier.

Great. Can I have that in a nutshell?

A comedy about a hit man, a high school reunion, and the girl he left behind.

What's so good about it?

It cost a mere $15million to make and grossed over $28million in the States alone making star John Cusack and director George Armitage rather popular with the studios at the moment. But financial success aside, it's also one of the most intelligent and witty comedy thrillers to come out of Hollywood in some time. Arguably the best film of John Cusack's career, it boasts a natural performance from Minnie Driver and an hilarious turn from Alan Arkin as Blank's shrink.

What does it remind me of?

Probably John Woo's The Killer in style and Ferris Bueller's Day Off in humour.

What's bad about it?

Very little. Even Dan Aykroyd is on top form. The second act is a little too talky but it scarcely matters.

Who would like it most?

Students; Anyone who grew up during the Eighties; followers of John Cusack, Minnie Driver and Dan Aykroyd; reggae fans;

So, any chance of a sequel then?

Very possibly given the lucrative success. However, Cusack is currently wrapped up with a film version of Nick Hornby's High Fidelity and The Cradle Will Rock so don't hold your breath

Give me another quote that's a bit poetic and sounds cool

"Thousands of innocent people die every day. Detonate one rich guy's dog, and you're a marked man for life." Martin Q Blank (John Cusack)

Thanks very much. How about a list of credits?

Cast (in credits order) John Cusack: Martin Q. Blank; Minnie Driver: Debi Newberry; Alan Arkin: Dr. Oatman; Dan Aykroyd: Grocer; Joan Cusack: Marcella; Hank Azaria: Steven Lardner; K. Todd Freeman: McCullers; Mitchell Ryan: Bert Newberry

• The Big Lebowski
  • A Life Less Ordinary
  • Brazil
  • Event Horizon
  • Leon
  • Dark City
  • Gattaca
  • The Long Kiss Goodnight
  • Immolater Home Page
  • Art
  • Miscellany

roger crow 1998

Disclaimer: All of the above is just my opinion. This does not reflect that of my employer or anyone else. So don't sue me. Cheers.