American History X (1998) A
Rounders (1998) B+
Out of the Past (1998) (V)
People vs. Larry Flynt, The (1996) A
Everyone Says I Love You (1996) C+
Primal Fear (1996) A+

AWARDS & RECOGNITION

1999: Academy Award Nomination--BEST ACTOR--American History X
1999: Chicago Film Critics Association Award nomination--BEST ACTOR--American History X
1999: Golden Satellite Award--BEST ACTOR--American History X
1997: MTV Movie Award nomination--Best Villain--PRIMAL FEAR
1997: Academy Award Nomination--Best Supporting Actor--PRIMAL FEAR
1997: Golden Globe Award--Best Supporting Actor--PRIMAL FEAR
1996: National Board of Review Award--BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR--Primal Fear
1996: LA Film Critics Award--BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR--Everyone Says I Love You

LEADING LADIES

SALMA HAYEK: Frida Kahlo
ASHLEY JUDD: Frida Kahlo
COURTNEY LOVE : People Vs. Larry Flynt
FRANCES MCDORMAND: Primal Fear
DREW BARRYMORE: Everyone says I Love You

LINKS

Official Rounders WebSite

The Unofficial Edward Norton Information Page

Unofficial Edward Norton Page

New Line's American History X Publicity Page

Edward Norton: Photogallery

ARTICLES

Edward Norton articles

The Mr. Showbiz Interview

Norton's an actor, not a star

Ed Norton Springs to Love's Defense

Entertainment Weekly: The Frat Pack

Edward Norton to Direct

PROFILES & REVIEWS

Review: Everyone Says I Love You

QUOTES ABOUT MR. NORTON

American History X

"Norton is perfect for the role. Even in the grip of passion, he acts as though he's a reasonable guy, leading from his head." The San Francisco Chronicle

"One of the movie's chief assets is a magnetic lead performance by Edward Norton. He has been loudly heralded in the past for his showy work in Primal Fear and The People vs. Larry Flynt, but I think the actor has really proven himself this year. In Rounders he was a perfectly wiry, likable Ratzo Rizzo-style heel who easily seduced golden boy Matt Damon into his grifting schemes. Here, he does a remarkable turnabout as an intensely charismatic, beefed-up skinhead who lives by his own twisted, hatefully bigoted rhetoric." Mr. Showbiz

"There's scarcely a false note to the performance of either Furlong or Norton, the latter an almost certain Academy Award nominee." Box Office Magazine

Rounders

"Norton is electrifyingly good. He's genuinely scary and that gives the audience every reason to fear for Mike's safety." Louis B. Hobson: Calgary Sun

"Norton...is terrific as the bottom-feeding Worm, simultaneously funny and infuriating." Kansas City Star

"Norton is superb in one of the bad-boy roles that will probably color the shape of his career" The Washington Post

"Norton energizes virtually every scene he's in. The guy's been in four movies and he's been great in each of them as totally different characters: a psycho in "Primal Fear," a green but likable lawyer in "The People vs. Larry Flynt," a young Manhattanite in love in "Everyone Says I Love You" and now this lowlife gambler.
He's utterly natural, as is Damon, but in a completely different way. Norton's a chameleon who turns into whatever character he's playing." The Post-Gazette

Everyone Says I Love You

" Norton...is a joy to watch. He is genuinely befuddled as his character gets swept away by the emotions that make him want to sing." Box Office Magazine

Primal Fear

"He brilliantly mixes timidity and rage in developing a character who is at once sympathetic and scary. Audiences are likely to find they can't get enough of his exceptional performance, as well as his coy smile." The San Francisco Chronicle

RELATED PAGES

Matt Damon
Brad Pitt
Salma Hayek
Antonio Banderas