Tobal 2
TOTALLY UNOFFICIAL HOMEPAGE

Chuji Wu launching a fireball Welcome to my Tobal 2 page ! 

Tobal 2 is an incredible 3D fighting game developed by Square Soft and Dream Factory for the Play Station console. 

Miles better than Tobal #1, Tobal 2 has the following features: 

-more defined backgrounds 
-much more polygons 
-gourad shading 
-a vastly improved Quest Mode 
-new moves for each character 
-two new characters 
-the ability to use Quest Mode's monsters 
-characters and story designed by Akira Toriyama, of Dragon Ball  fame, exclusivley for Square Soft. 
-and of course, it's unlimited replay value 

Fortunately, the same flawless gameplay from Tobal #1 remains almos intact. I say almost because the ability to launch fireballs has been added. Only one per character, and the more you charge it, the more of your own energy will it consume. A truly smart move from Dream Factory. 
This are some of the features that make Toal 2 my favorite game! (not even Final Fantasy VII comes closer).

The Characters
FAQs
Images

This is the world of Tobal 2. Quite big, huh? 

In this world map takes place the Quest Mode, but I don't know anything about the Quest's story because it is completley in japanese... anyway, I don't get past the second level...the quest mode is too hard for me, I prefer the "normal" mode. 

The main story takes place in the planet Tobal, where every year the Molmoran Fighting Tournament is held, and only the best fighters are able to compete in the tournament. The winner earns the title of the Super Tobal Man, loads of cash, and the Molmoran Stone.  

Each of the 10 characters have personal reasons to compete... so in this way the 99th Molmoran Tournament begins !!

Click here to go to the official Dream Factory home page (english and japanese)

This is just a mere introduction to what easily is the best fighting game for any system, including arcades!! Don't hesitate to import Tobal 2, I guarantee you that you won't be dissapointed! 

Yes, you heard right, "import". This title never came out officially out of Japan, so obviously it is in japanese. And whose to blame? Us! Tobal #1 did came to U.S.A.by courtesy of Sony Computer Entertaintment America, but it had pretty low sales, so Sony didn't bother on translating the sequel. A MAJOR mistake by Sony if you ask me... 

Want to learn something more about Tobal 2? 
Then e-mail at [email protected] 

Return ANIgames...

Made by: Alonso Paredes 
This page is in no way official or something like that ! 

March 29th, 1998