#1 Real Audio clips of the songs and dialogue of this Malaysian legend with TRANSLATIONS in English

P Ramlee's Tribute Homepage

Orang Sebelah
(Neighbour)

joke clip from the movie "Masam - Masam Manis"

Listen to the STREAM
Download
(86 KB)
(1 minute 49 seconds) 

P Ramlee is sleeping in his rented room when he hears a noise. Next door, his new neighbour is re-arranging the furniture, at 7 in the morning. The rooms are seperated by a thin wooden board.

TRANSLATION
Ramlee:  Where's that noise coming from ?   What wrong with this neighbour of mine ? Can't even sleep. Stupid. Uneducated. ..... (BANGING) ..... Hey neighbour !!!! What are you banging so early in the morning ?!!!! Don't you think people would want to sleep ???!!!!! Can't you be quieter???!!

Neighbour:  Hey neighbour !!!! Can't you be a bit more polite ??!!!!! What the matter with you, screaming like a prostitute ????!!!!

Ramlee:  I scream because you're brainless !!!

Neighbour:  Don't you dare talk like that to me. This is my room and I pay rent and I can do WHATEVER I wish !!!!!!

Ramlee:  Oh, you pay rent ...... Do you think I stay here for FREE ??!!! I ALSO PAY RENT !!!!!!

Neighbour:  If we both pay rent, shut up. If I'm wrong, then forgive me, can't you !!!!!

Ramlee:  (to himself) Hey, apologizing like that ?????

The opening song starts at this point

Unfortunately, this translation of mine sounds rather cruel and crude. It's actually very funny. If someone has a better version of it, I'll be happy to replace the translation.

[email protected]

Subject:

Your e-mail address
(optional - only if you want a reply):

You wanted to say ...

Sign my Guestbook.
View my Guestbook
P Ramlee's Tribute Homepage
Mokui's Movie Tribute
Mokui's Movie Review

©Mokui's Movie Tribute