Unofficial Thoroughbred Hall of Fame

Welcome to the Unofficial Thoroughbred Hall of Fame, which is dedicated to honoring the achievements of horse racing's finest athletes. This webpage will help you find information on over 500 noteworthy thoroughbred racehorses. Biographies are included for an increasing number of horses; this text is from my yet unpublished, but still copyrighted, work. If you are a new racing fan, you might want to read my Introduction to Thoroughbred Racing article.

2009 Breeders Cup Classic

Zenyatta

Video property of the Breeders Cup

Video property of the Breeders Cup

2009 Kentucky Derby

Mine That Bird

Video property of Churchill Downs Inc.

2009 Kentucky Oaks

Rachel Alexandra

Ruffian on DVD Relive triumph and tragedy with Ruffian.

Follow that up with a feel-good flick. Buy Dreamer on DVD

Book Recommendations

To start building a great collection of thoroughbred biographies visit the bookstore.

Triple Crown Winner: The Earl Sande Saga, 350 pages, 100 images, table of Triple Crown Winners, glossary of racing terms, horse racing statistics appendices, bibliography, index, hard bound, $29.95. Any racing fan will love the enthusiastic retelling of Earl Sande's life. For order information v sit www.triplecrownwinnerearlsande.com and tell them you saw it on the Unofficial Thoroughbred Hall of Fame.

Help me quit my job and finish this site!

Please feel free to e-mail any questions or comments. Also, contact me immediately if you have a problem with a company who advertises on my site, so that I may take appropriate action. Thanks!

Horse Racing News

Looking for a pedigree? Try DelMar's database.

dmtc pedigree
 Pedigree Database
   Horse: Generations:

Chat Here

Visit the Bookstore

amazon.com

Man o' War

Hippology: Studying the Horse

And for completely unrelated fun . . .