Behold The Mystery     |   home

Meditation

Ground, Shield, Center and Meditate

Meditating, entering an Alpha, Magickal or psychic state of mind, going into a trance all refer to the same state. It is allowing yourself to fall into that frame of mind that allows you to do Magick. Grounding helps reconnect me with the world around me on a Magickal level. Through grounding I can draw in and channel energy and not be afraid to overload myself. This energy I direct into my spells. Centering is a term for being focused. When casting a spell, it is important to focus on that task and not to think about extraneous things.Shield puts up a protective barrier in the same way a Circle is used in a ritual.

Meditation is one of the main keys needed for magick.
It it also easier than most would think.
Sit in a quiet place, preferably on the floor, cross-legged.
Sit up straight. Just relax until your breathing is slow and normal, resting. Close your eyes for now and concentrate on your breathing.
"In, out, in, out," should be the only thoughts going through your head.
Usually, just doing this helps to put me into a clear state before I do a spell.
Other forms of meditation are just as valid:
Passive meditation is when you think about a single abject.
A flower, cloud, tree, bubbling creek, or mountain can be your subject. Just sit and think about that one item for a while. What does it look, feel, smell, taste, sound like? Are there memories it invokes? Describe it to yourself, not necessarily using words, but by acknowledgments.
Active meditation involves the Shaman approach.
Going on journeys inside your mind. Concentrating on climbing a mountain to see what you find at the top. It often brings forth subconscious answers to life's questions.

Energy

Energy is the provider of magick. In order to perform a spell, energy needs to be directed towards its goal. Sit in a quiet place and hold a stone in your hand. Close your eyes and visualize what it looks like. Feel the rock, its coolness in temperature. Then, feel the vibrations it seems to give off into your hand.
*Really concentrate on this! Some people take longer to pick up on energy than others!*
Now, once you've begun to feel the energy even stronger, concentrate on absorbing this energy. Pull it up your arms, through your torso, down your legs and to your toes. Your whole body is feeling tingly.
Put the stone down, you probably can still feel the energy coursing through your body. Place your hands on the ground and push the energy into the ground using visualization, feeling it leave your body.
Congratulations, you've accomplished directing energy.

Changing Energy

Sit somewhere quiet and clear your mind. Rub your hands together for a few seconds and then cup them. Your hands feel tingly from the blood going back to your skin.
First of all, people have their own personal energy, just as the stone had its own energy.
Push some of your energy into the cup of your hands. Really concentrate on this. Keep putting energy in until you can feel it.
Now, concentrate on heat. Turn this energy into heat. Your hands warm up. Then, concentrate on cold and your hands should turn cold. Continue going back and forth from hot to cold until lit is quite easy.
This is how you change energy.