Behold The Mystery     |   home

Love Magick

Love Magick is different from Magickal Sex in that there is no actual sex taking place. Love Magick is done for the purposes of drawing either an already desired person into your life or for drawing in your 'ideal mate'. Under the strict Wiccan traditions this form of Magick can be considered going against the Wiccan Rede, if it's not something you're comfortable with then by all means, don't do it. For those of you are comfortable casting this type of spell, do so with the clearest of intentions. Don't cast such spells simply because you've just to get laid by Mr. or Miss Right Now. This type of Magick is worked only for the purposes of an actual Long Term Relationship. If you're just horny, pick up the phone called the Desired One and invite him/her over, see what happens. The first spell outlined here is Sympathetic Magick and requires a small bit of arts and crafts skills.

For this spell you will make two puppets or poppets. This does not require a great deal of skill. For this spell you will need

Natural cloth in your choice of color, enough to make two small to medium sized stuffed dolls.
Needle and thread, your choice of color.
Sword
Athame
Length of red silk ribbon, 21 inches
Salted water
Incense...your choosing
Red altar candle
Fresh or dried herbs...verbena, vervain, feverfew, artemesia, yarrow, valerian, motherwort, rosebuds, elder, lavender and/or damiana. Any herb associated with or consecrated to Venus will do.

You will light the candle and then cut out four doll shapes from the length of cloth, they do not have to be perfect. You must concentrate on the desired person and nothing more as you cut, sew and stuff his/her poppet. If you are calling in your 'ideal mate' you will focus on the attributes you wish them to have. Sew from the feet upwards, leaving the top of the head open for stuffing. Sew closed when fully stuffed. As you cut, sew and stuff the second poppet you will concentrate on yourself and seeing yourself with this person. Do not allow any other thoughts to interfere with your work. If they do and they persist, stop and pay attention to them, they may be trying to tell you something.
You may now decorate the poppets in any manner you like. You may put zodiac signs or runes on them either with embroidery or magic marker. You may add tufts of hair or strands of yarn. When you are ready you will lay the poppets on your altar. Lay them in front of the sword or athame with heads touching the weapon, one at the hilt one at the tip. Lay the red silk ribbon across them. Take a few moments to breath and be certain you wish to go through with this. Once you have entered a peaceful state, light the incense and begin...

"Mighty God and Goddess, hear my pleas. See my heart, know my desire for....(Desired Ones Name)...know that it is True."

Take up the poppet which represents you, sprinkle with salted water all over and pass through the smoke of the incense, turning over and over so that everything is well censed. Says "I name this Poppet...(Your Name)...It is her/him in every way. As he/she lives, so lives this poppet. What I do to it, I do to him/her."

Replace the poppet on the altar, take up the second one, salt nd cense as before. "This (Desired Ones Name) he/she is my desired mate. In every way. As he/she lives, so lives this poppet. What I do to it, I do him him/her."

Replace the poppet on the altar then kneel with one hand on each poppet. Meditate for as long as you like. Visualize yourself with this person, walking along hand in hand, talking, laughing, being close and happy together. This should not be rushed in any manner, see yourself meeting this person, kissing him/her, take your time and visualize every single step, feel it, smell it, touch it. If you're doing this with a coven, the coven will also meditate on these images. Slowly slide the poppets along the blade until they meet. Open your eyes, hold the poppets face to face and say "May they be drawn, one to the other. Strong and true, together always...As One. No longer separated. No longer alone. Together, strong, as One." Dancing for raising of energy is appropriate now.

This is performed during the Waxing Moon for three weeks and should be done on Fridays. If this not possible during this period of Waxing then it should be begun on Friday, repeated on Wednesday and followed u0p on the next Friday night. As close to the full m moon as possible. Between rituals the dolls should - be kept on the altar. If this is not possible, keep them face to face and wrap in a clean white cloth. On the last night of the ritual all is repeated as above, however the ending goes likes this...
"May the Lord and Lady bind these two together, as I do bind them here." Wrap the red silk ribbon around the poppets which are still face to face. "Forever as one. May each become part of the other. So which so that when separated they are incomplete. So Mote It Be!" The poppets are then placed beneath the sword and left for a while during which time the petitioner meditates. There is no dancing or chanting during the last casting. When this is completed the poppets are wrapped in clean white cloth and kept where they will never be unbound.
There are, of course, other less forceful ways of bringing love into your life. One of the best ways to attract love into your life is to make yourself more attractive. No, I don't mean run out and have thousands of dollars of plastic surgery on the outside. What good is that? It's what's on the inside that counts. Sometimes we do not receive the love we think we deserve simply because we are not confident enough in ourselves and our ability to not only handle that love but to be happy. We must understand that we are lovable, we are attractive, no matter what we look like on the outside.
For this spell you will need
A mirror, larger than a compact!
Candles...as many as you like! Appropriate colors are red, pink and white. These may be of any scent you choose but lavender, rose and jasmine are good choices.
And of course you'll need.....you.

Sit in a quiet corner of your home when everyone has gone away for the day...or a half an hour...Place the mirror in front of you with one candle on either side of it. Place the other candles about yourself or the room. Do not have any electric lights on...it's best if you can do this very early in the morning or later in the evening before retiring to bed.
Look into the mirror, see yourself. Really see yourself. Notice all of the good things about yourself. It's easy to see the bad, but there is always good. Slowly, out loud, begin to state what you like about what you see. "My hair's pretty cool." "I have nice eyes." Things like that. As you speak notice the shape of your eyes and all the colors of your hair. Notice the little laugh lines and how they bring character to your face. Then begin to say what you like about what you don't see in the mirror. Tell yourself..."I have a good sense of humor" "I'm kind hearted", things of that nature. Speak aloud and with confidence, don't be mousy. As you stare into the mirror say "I am beautiful (handsome). I am wonderful within. I am special, myself. Let love come in. Negative thoughts vanish, Negative feelings banished. Let my love shine out!"
Repeat this or something which better suits you three to five times per sitting. It sounds easy, silly even, but try it. At first, I think you'll find, telling yourself out loud is rather difficult. But keep doing it, it gets easier over time. When you believe you are wonderful and you are good and you deserve to be loved. Others will too.

There are a few 'quickies' which are always fun to try. These are a few of my favorites.
It is said that in order to gain a prophetic dream of your future true love, take a spring of the mystical ash tree with these words "Even ash, even ash, I pluck thee. This night my true love for to see, Neither in his/her rick or in his/her rear, But in the clothes he/she does every day wear!" Sleep with the sprig of ash under your pillow.

Another is the Hempseed Spell...always good for a giggle anyway! Either on Valentine's Eve of Midsummer's Even a woman should sow nine furrows of hempseed or cast hempseed around a church as the clock strikes midnight with these words "Hempseed I sow, hempseed I sow, the young man that I love, come after me and mow. I sow, I sow, then my own dear come here, come here and mow and mow!" Say this as you furrow each row or repeat until you run out of seeds if you're circling the church. It is said that your true love will come to you the next day.

For the REVERSAL of a Love Spell or Love Magick, on a night when the moon is waning write your name and the name of the one you've cast your spell upon on a white candle. Anoint the candle with myrrh oil, as you light it say, "I burn this candle as a token of the spell that binds our love Let this magic be broken by the power of the Gods above." Let the candle burn itself out. Take the cooled left over wax and wrap in a piece of white - silk, tie with a white ribbon and then toss into a body of water or bury. This will probably NOT work on the poppet spell above.