How to make contact with us

Index

Main index of all pages

The home page for this site, with information about the purpose of the site, news of developments etc

Alphabetical list
Alphabetical list of web sites dealing with Christianity in Africa
All Africa

Web sites of churches and organistions that cover more than one country or region

Regional pages

Particular regions and countries

Interests and subjects
Links arranged according to particular topics and interests

Other pages

There are several other pages of links that are not listed above. Some are sub-pages from the main page in each section, and others will deal with different topics. You should find them all on the main index page or on the miscellaneous links page.

Add your page

If you maintain a web page dealing with Christianity in Africa, and would like to add it to this list of links, please read the instructions on the main section of this page carefully.

Is someone looking for you?

Is Someone Looking For You? Reverse People Finder - Who? Me?

Contents

How to add pages

If you know of web pages dealing with Christianity in Africa that aren't listed here, please let me know by sending me an e-mail message.

I will send you a reply with a form you can fill in, listing one or more pages that you think should be included. If your mail reader makes it hard work for you to fill in the form, you can save it as an Ascii file, and make several copies of the form if you want to list more than one page. Then you return the form to me by e-mail, and I will import it into a database after tidying it up a bit.

Please read the instructions carefully. And type carefully - the form is WYTIWOPS, not WYSIWYG. That is, What You Type Is What Other People See. I don't get paid for doing this, and so I don't want to spend a lot of time re-typing badly typed forms.

Some people have asked why I do not put up an on-line web form that people can fill in. I've tried, but haven't been able to get it to produce the results in a form that can be imported straight into the database without a lot of retyping.

[ Top of page | Index of all pages | Home page ]

I'm looking for someone in Africa -- can you help me find them?

I quite often get e-mails from people who have seen these pages, and ask me if I can help them to find someone in Africa - usually on the other end of the continet from where I live.

Africa is a big place, with about 50 different countries and more than 10000 (yes, ten thousand) different Christian denominations. I am no more likely to know the address of someone in Nigeria than someone in Chicago is likely to know the address of someone in Patagonia or the Matto Grosso.

But here are some resources that could help:

Is someone looking for you? Who? Me? Type your last name and search!

If you are looking for someone in Africa, then enter whatever you know in the Who-me? database. And if you are in Africa and reading these pages, check the Who-me? pages to see if someone is looking for you!

If you are looking for someone in South Africa, click here for the South African White Pages.

Can I help with this project?

If you would like to help to make these pages more useful, there may be some ways in which you could do it. If you live in Africa, and have access to the Internet, then you could check the Christian sites in your city or province or country, and send me updates. You migth just be able to do it for sites related to your own denomination, but even that would be a help, because you probably know about more of them than I could.

If you could enter the information using the input forms, and send them to me from time to time, it would be a great help. It would be important to check that the sites do actually exist, and that they are accessible, and that they ware of reasonably good quality. A badly-designed page that gives little or no information is not of much use.

If you would like to do this, please e-mail me.

Link to these pages

Another way to help is, of course, put a link to these pages on your web site, if you have one. That will help more people to know about these pages, will help people to find each other. A text link is fine, but if you'd like to add a button as well, you may steal the one on the right by clicking your right mouse button and saving it on your disk, and then adding it to your pages.

Who's the guy who's doing this?

My name is Steve Hayes
I am a fool
I carry a badger

No, I don't really carry a badger, and I'm not a real fool either, just a wannabe. If you'd like to know more, you can have a look at my personal web page.

What do you get out of it?

I'm interested in various aspects of Christianity in Africa, and when I first started using the Web as a research tool, in 1996, I began to collect lists of links that might come in useful to me. I found a few such lists by other people on the web, but the author of the best one had disappeared. Search engines were still in their infancy then, and so lists of links were very useful, and I thought I'd make mine available to others, and from there it grew.

What I get out of it is that I find it useful to my research. Search engines are better these days, but now there are so many web sites that even when one keeps refining searches one still gets lots of irrelevant stuff, so lists of links still have their uses. Try to fidn theological seminaries in Kenya, for example. If you enter "theological seminary Kenya" as a search argument, you'll get any number of people how have been in seminary and in Kenya, or who have been trained in a seminary in Kenya, but you'll find very few Kenyan seminaries. You won't find many here either, but if they were here, it would be easier to find them!

And if anyone is moved to help me make this one better, I'd be grateful.

You can e-mail me at:

E-mail:

And no, I don't live in the UK. My alma mater, Durham University, runs a mail forwarding service for alumni. It's been around since 1832, so I expect it will still be around in 2032, unlike some of the ISPs around, which go bankrupt, merge with one another, or change addresses, sometimes without informing their customers.

Steve Hayes
Webmaster: Christian network links for Africa

Visitor information
You are visitor

to this page since 1 August 2000.

We hope that you found it useful, and that you will visit us again.

Visitors book

Sign our Guestbook

View our Guestbook

Guestbook by Lpage

Please vote for us!

If you find these pages interesting or useful, go to the SA Webchart and vote for Christian Network Links for Africa! If, on the other hand, you find them useless, you can always vote against them! You will also find lots of other South African pages you can look at (and vote for).

If you have not voted before, you will first have to register. This involves filling in your name and email address. You will be mailed a password immediately, enter the password, submit the form and then all you need enter in future is your email address.

These pages maintained by

Steve Hayes

Updated: 17 July 2004