Welcome to the Estonian GenWeb Page

The World Geneology Project

This web page is part of the world geneology web project. This page is part of the Eastern Europe GenWeb. This is the page for Estonia. Look around the rest of this web page with the navigator bar at the bottom for other information on immigration, national anthem, Estonian web sites, and other information that I will add.

Other neighbouring countries in the GenWeb:

+Latvian GenWeb WWW Page+Lithuania GenWeb WWW Page+Finnish GenWeb WWW Page+

The web master has roots in Estonia. His father[Thomas Timusk] was born in Narva. My father's mother[Alide Timusk] and father[Evald Timusk] were both born in Estonia. Finding records during the Soviet period was impossible for us in Canada.

When I visited in 1993 I went to a grave yard where James Timusk and Paul Timusk where buried. These were my grandfather's brothers and they had died recently. My cousins were their descendants. Also I have cousins now in Canada who spell the name Timmusk.

My grandfather did try to do some geneology but had little luck. This is why I am doing this web page to maybe add some links to government sites in Estonia and then begin to search even with the language barrier. I hope you can use these links too if you have come from Estonia or have roots there.

The Government of Estonia Web Site in Estonian

This web site has an English version available at the top of the Estonian web site.

Home Page of the Estonian Geneology Society.

This site is in Estonian and English.

Tip for English Speakers:

Follow through the Estonian Geneology Site on their home page. Link to Kasulikke linke and then to the link How to find relatives in Estonia?, this page is in English and has the link to the Estonian names database. Use Perekonnanimed for surname queries. It will return a number like this:
timusk 116
If you change the first pull down box menu to 1 viga you get a listing like this:
timusk 116
timmusk 73
timuska 46
tomusk 27
tirusk 6

Good Luck with this search

Here is the Rootsweb Query link for Estonia at:

Query Page.
Submit your query when you get there.

Good Luck finding your relations!

[Home][Estonian Language][Estonian Science][Estonian Sports and Culture][Esto-Canuck][EstoGenWeb]

Web Master Peter Timusk [email protected]
Last updated September 16th, 2000.