Greetings and Salutations!

This is the Page About Me

My name is Andy Chier.  I work for the BNSF as a carman in Silsbee, Texas.  I grew up around San Diego, California, and graduated from La Jolla High School in 1995, and Wyoming Technical Institute in 1996 with an associates degree in Diesel Repair and Service Management.  Before going to work for the BNSF, I worked as a mechanic for Superior Ready Mix Concrete in San Diego, and later for Pressley Peterbilt in Escondido California.

That's me in Hawaii at about 5 years old!

All of my life, I have been an avid railfan, always wanting to learn more about trains, study their function in our world, and help preserve remaining examples of trains from days gone bye.  To me, there is no sound more enthralling than that of a train whistling in the distance, nor a site more breathtaking than that of a train charging down the rails, bound for who-knows-where.  There's something about trains that I can't quite put my finger on.  Perhaps it is the symphony of mass in motion, or maybe the mystery of where it's been and where it's going.

I've spent many weekends volunteering at the Orange Empire Railway Museum, where I help to restore the equipment, but more commonly find myself volunteering in the plant maintenance division.  Before moving to Texas, you could find me there on most any weekend.  Now I look forward to returning on my vacations.

That's me in front of the Silsbee "One Spot" office.

As a carman with the BNSF, I work in the Silsbee yard as a Car Inspector, looking for "bad orders" in every inbound train, and "lacing up" every outbound train.  Eventually, I hope to transfer to the Southern California Region as an Engineer.

As a railfan, I believe in helping fellow railfans with their projects, and I am always willing to snap a picure for somebody's website, or for a model they are building.  I realize that most people don't have the opportunity to get as close to trains as I do, so I am happy to share the wealth of information that I have gathered while working for the BNSF.  I also enjoy corresponding via e-mail with fellow railfans, so if you want to chat, just drop me a line.  I take criticism fairly well, so if you see an error in my website, just let me know.

My favorite things:

Colors: Blue and Green

Vehicle: Dodge Ram w/  Cummins Turbo Diesel

Movies: Blazing Saddles, Smokey and the Bandit, Mr. Roberts,           anything with John Wayne

Music: Old country music, including but certainly not limited to, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, and Hank Williams

Hobbies: Model railroading, antique collecting (20th Century), hot rods and classic cars

Drink: Jack Daniels and Coke

Food: Prime rib

E-mail me

HOME