Image2.gif (15209 bytes)

NEWS

Image4.gif (1072 bytes)

20 FEB 99 - Well , After a Short Absence for studying , I have put a lot of the updates on the Home Page. The Pennslyvania branch got one more layer of relitives which push the whole family tree to 1795 as the oldest know MAtticola. There are a few additions to the Ohio branch, Whith the Discovery of Michael A. Matticola's Parents.

12 DEC 98 - Well , Little by Little, the info keeps trickling in, we got a few more SSN # applications in and updated that page...some of the info has changed some of the tree's, especially the Connelsville branch, seems there was 2 Carmin Matticola., One JR. & one SR. so their INFO got intermingled...I hope you all Have a nice Holiday and hope to see ya next year....

12 OCT 98 - Well , My wife Nancy is finally settled in the Azores and the military moved me into a smaller house. Now that I have time to work on the Home Page. I added the Orphan Page. Please take a look at it and see if you recognize anyone. These are all the family members , I have came across during my research that I can not plug into one of the branches. Also, have good news!! finally got the Social Security records for the 5 oldest USA members of the family. It did give me some more clues. I did manage to tie the Ohio side of the Family to the Stray Matticola's in Rhode Island & expanded the Pennsylvania side into 2 sub branches..so make sure you check it out..make sure you look at the Social security Index, I posted scans of the 5 Social security applications for all to see. I will order 5 more & eventually have all of the applications for the members on  the SSN index page..

1 SEP 98 - Well after a busy month, My wife ( who is in the Air Force too) relocated to the Azores Island, took some of the Kids with her. The Air Force wouldn't allow me to go with her, so I had to move to a smaller apartment. Now that I am Settled finally had the time to finish the Ohio branch of the Family. Still waiting for the Social Security applications that I ordered.

23 JULY 98 - Using the Public of information Act, ordered copies of Social Security number application forms, for the 5 oldest deceased family members. This should tell us there Birth information i.e.; parents names, birth date, birth location. So keep your fingers crossed. If that works I will order the remaining 24 deceased Matticola's records for which I have SSN# of.

22 JULY 98 - Redo homepage after a long battle to get the computer up, will change the                          graphics and eliminate personal data of living individuals.

1 JULY 98 -  Found 2 Italian Birth records from Isernia, Italy for 2 more Matticola's from 1864 & 1869. They were found at the Family History Center on a Micro fiche film. The copies are in extremely poor condition and it is hand written in Italian. If I ever get these things read & Translated, I will pass on the Info.

Frank A. Matticola

Image4.gif (1072 bytes)

BACK TO THE TABLE OF CONTENTS