Dave Elsworth's MMR Vaccine Page
The information on these pages is designed to help provide information and links for parents of babies who wish to know more about the MMR Vaccine. There appears to be little information available to parents regarding the MMR vaccine so I have compiled information and links to other sites to promote this.

Go to My Thoughts, information etc. for the latest on obtaining the latest on single vaccines.

Note: I am not a medical professional and this site is purely my thoughts and should not be used instead of seeking professional medical advice.

Information currently available:
Useful Links
BBC news article on MMR
UK BBC News - Health Article - Drop in MMR jabs blamed on media scare.
UK Cheif Medical Officier on MMR and Autism
UK Chief Medical Officiers communication on no link between MMR, autism and bowel disorders (March 1998).
** Website in the process of being updated - location moving ** The British Council - Health Insight
The British Council's - Health Insight - MMR safety controversy info.
UK BBC news article: MMR leaflets seek to reassure parents
UK BBC News - Health Article - A leaflet is being sent out to GP's and parents about the MMR vaccine. To get a copy go to the Health Education Authorities web-site and look up your local health promotion units/boards phone number and request one.
My Search Facility
Points to pages within and external to this website.
MMR Fact Sheet
Department of Health Logo. MEASLES, MUMPS AND RUBELLA VACCINE (MMR). The latest research.
Uk Society For The Autistically Handicapped 1997 Vaccines Fact Sheet.
Lots of information and views w.r.t Autistism and MMR vaccine.
Autism May Be Caused By An Immune System Response To A Virus ...
Further studies w.r.t Autistism and MMR vaccine - link or no link?
Press release from Great Ormond Street and Institute of Child Health - March 98
Doctors and scientists at Great Ormond Street and the Institute of Child Health urge parents to contine MMR vaccinations for their children - March 98.
Comments by parents about their vaccination decisions and experiences.
Long page full of peoples views and experiences.
US Study into MMR and Autism
NY (US) 1994 Study finding onset of arthritis following Child MMR (measles-mumps-rubella) immunization. But Doctors now doubt link between Rubella vaccine and arthritis in Adults
BMJ News (British Medical Journal)
**Site moved link to new home page**

Article: Saturday 21 March 1998 - MMR vaccine policy is backed

Electronic Telegraph Article on Vaccine used up in triple dose fear (09/03/1998)
Interesting general article by David Fletcher, Health Correspondent following the reported link between MMR and autism and the increase in the take up for single doses.
CASE REPORTS TO NVIC OF DIABETES FOLLOWING MMR SHOTS
The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) (US non-profit anti-mass-vaccination organisation) "case studies" about some individuals side-effects following the MMR vaccine. Also includes Questions to ask prior to a vaccination.
University of Iowa Virtual Hospital MMR Immunisation Page
Centre's for Disease Control and Prevention (USA)
MMR Vaccine (it states that "However, for about 5% of children the first dose of MMR does not work. For that reason, a second dose is recommended to give these children another chance to become immune"
MMR Vaccines (Measles, Mumps & Rubella): Adverse Reactions.
The information on this webpage claims to show likely correlations between the MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) vaccine and immunological and/or neurological disorders.
Reactions 1998 21 March; 693: 2
**Link moved - not sure of new location.** Routine MMR vaccination should continue - From Reactions 1998
US Heath-Centre Page
Useful US Summary page on MMR giving very general signs & symptoms of measles, mumps and rubella, when not to give and possible more common side-effects.
Information on giving MMR to children with Egg Allergies.
MMR Check it out.
JABS: Justice, Awareness and Basic Support
JABS is a UK self-help group that neither recommends nor advises against vaccinations but aim to promote understanding about immunisations with support to parents whose child has a health problem after vaccination.
National Vaccine Information Center - The Kids
The Virtual Hospital: Iowa Health Book
Background reading: Pediatrics: Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (1992 US document)
Every Child By Two Web Site
US Pro-Immunization campaign (Home page from an above link!)
Mumps/Measles/Rubella (MMR)Vaccine & Disease Information
Links page of some MMR (including individual vaccines) pages on web.
NZ Health Alert
New Zealand Travel Health Alert with info at bottom.

My Bit
Remember I'm not a medical professional
If you are worried about the MMR vaccine talk to your doctor; remember you can ask about the following:
  • Fact sheets that the doctors hold on the jab
  • Three seperate jabs (it is possible to get these!)
  • How bad getting these diseases can be to your child either now or in later life
  • What reactions you should expect after receiving the vaccine.
  • Having the immunisation done in hospital with the child monitored afterwards
I'm currently doubting the advantage of the last point due to the way the vaccine works.
There appears to some evidence of side-effects from the MMR jab. The chief medical officer discusses the very little published medical evidence on side-effects of the vaccine and the dangers of a Mumps, Measles or Rubella outbreak. He is more concerned about a reduction in immunisations and its outcome rather than further medical research on the side effects of the jab. I believe that to put parents minds at rest there should be a national survey of the possible side-effects of the MMR jab.

If you have managed to obtain the vaccines seperately please let me know at the email address below. Cheers.

Click here for the latest I have regarding obtaining the vaccines seperately.

• Back to my home page

• Java enabled search facility

• Email me on:
    [email protected]

This page has been visited times.

This page was last updated by Dave Elsworth on 24th January 2001

Receive email when this page changes

Click Here
    ? Powered by Netmind ?
    logo Member of the Medical Education Ring
    Linking medical education web sites worldwide
    [ Prev | Next | Skip One | Next 5 | List all | Random ]