To whom it may concern,

I would like to apply for a job in your company. In Canada, the country where I come from, I used to be an optician. Even if the vocational training I had is different from the one required in your country, I think I can be an excellent seller. Moreover, with my knowledge of optics, I can be very useful to you and your clients.

I have experience in taking measurements of both contact lenses and ophthalmic lenses. I also know how to cut and fit lenses, and how to deliver contact lenses, but selling and counselling is what I do best. Besides, I have had to manage an optician office for three years.

I am an enthusiastic person having a great sense of responsibilities, and I like challenge. Any kind of job would please me, and it would allow me to enhance my knowledge of English. Regarding written proofs and references of any kind, I am committing myself to give it to you on request.

Sincerely yours,

Caroline Courtemanche

Curriculum Vitae

Personal information

Internet email : [email protected]

Birthday : January  27th, 1975 in Montréal Canada

Speaking and writing language: French and

English (intermediary)

Studies

University

·                   Haute Études Commerciales (University of Montréal). Marketing certificate begin on January 1999.

Collegial

·                   Édouard-Montpetit College, Diploma in optical field. Completed on January 1997.

·                   Two semesters in health science 1992-1993.

·                   One semester in human science 1993.

·                   Bulletin page1, page2.

Other

·                   Technical figure skating trainer in 1993.

·                   Studies at «Conservatoire d’Études Musicales de Boucherville » in flute from 1989 to 1993.

Personal project

From February to September 2000 I travel in Europe by bicycle.  During this tour, I done 5000 Km. This trip gave me the chance to exchange with others cultures.

Activities

My hobbies are: figure skating, skiing, rock climbing, kayak, cyclo-tourism etc. I like travel, classical music and playing flute.

Working experiences

·        August 1996 to January 2000. Optician at “Optique Joanne Mathieu”.
224 boul.
Laurier, Beloeil. (450) 467-6555

·        June 1994 to August 1996. Optical stage at « Le Lunetier ».
7501 boul. Taschereau, Brossard. (450) 445-6444

·        April 1993 to June 1994. Partial time seller at “Gladu Sport”
795 St-Hélène, Longueuil. (450) 463-2610

·        1987 to 1993. Amateur trainer of figure skating at «Club de patinage artistique de Longueuil ».  

Reference Letters

Cindy Villeneuve (friend)
Joanne Mathieu (Employer 1996-2000)