Return to B20 page

For your dining pleasure: 2-stage mod for the Gamo/B18/Theoben trigger!
August 9 2004 at 12:50 AM
Steve in NC   (Login pneuguy)
from IP address 68.221.2.207

I think I've got a (relatively) simple, drop-in mod' that converts our favorite trigger into a legit adjustable two-stage.  The mod' replaces the sear engagement screw of the stock trigger "pseudo-2-stage" adjustment, (in fact you yank that ridiculous thing clean out and throw it as far away as its ballistic coefficient will carr it) with a true 2-stage adjustment  carried inside the trigger blade.

The result is a trigger weight that's much lighter AND has an honest-to-God 2nd stage that you can adjust to the razor's edge WITHOUT making the trigger unsafe (in fact, the trigger ends up with more sear overlap than the stock  geometry). It's not a Rekord (heaven knows), but with a little refinement, it may well be close to a B20.

The design requires exactly one custom machined piece. You don't even have to remove the trigger group from the action to install it.  In the sketch below, the stock trigger is on the right, the custom piece right of center, modified blade left of center  and complete modified trigger assembly on the left.

Any questions?
Steve

Return to B20 page

Those who have expressed interest in the Gamo/B18/Theoben 2-stage trigger mod...
September 3 2004 at 12:07 AM
Steve in NC   (Login pneuguy)
from IP address 68.221.2.149

...may be interested to know that "Charlie_da_Tuna" Bob is currently tooling up to offer the modification for sale.

http://charliedatuna.com/index.htm

Bob is still climbing the non-trivial development curve that stands between one-off prototype and efficiently reproducible product (it already differs in appearance from the early proto pictured above, although identical in function), so those interested in the details of price and availability will need to contact him.

But he already says that a B18 trigger with the mod installed and properly adjusted handily beats out a tuned B20 "Chinese Rekord" - which is about all I was shooting for.

Steve

PS: See, Dave_in_Socal? It wasn't all "just another tease" after all!

Return to B20 page