[HOME]

BACK TO XS-B20 INTRODUCTION - by Jim P.

Photo Album:  XS-B20 Break-Open Action Air Rifle

My XS-B20 is production #92.  The rifle was well protected in styrofoam when it was delivered to me.

The hooded front sight is a machined aluminum piece, exactly same as the original HW95 part.  It is removable from the barrel, but the blade is fixed.  The whole thing is one piece.

Every steel part of XS-B20 is well machined and polished.

The breech seal seems made of high grade synthetic material, firm and effective.  The barrel lock-up is clear, positive and secure. To open the action for loading and cocking, you need to slap the barrel  first.

To reduce the damages to the screws during the disassemily, I invested one buck on a Stanley stubby screw driver from Big Lots, made a special tool with a big fat blade to match the slot size of the pivot nut.

This is what happens when the wrong screw driver bits are used.  The victim is my B12.

Beside the proper screw driver bits, a some kind of spring compressor is also needed for disassembling XS-B20.  Mine was made with some  scrapped metal and plastic from a local surplus store.  You can make you own easily with a big C clamp and a piece of 2x4 lumber.  Here is a good example.

A big BAM logo is clearly impressed on the top of the receiver.  BAM stands for "Best Airgun Manufacturer".  So there is no chance XS-B20 can be confused with Weihrauch HW95 (or R9 sold under Beeman brand in US).  Contrary to what some people would think,  before Xisico decided to produce XS-B20, they  searched through several major international patent databases, trying to find out if there is any patent  or "right" Weihrauch actually owns on its HW air rifles.  The search result came out with nothing.
( Nevertheless, a close collaboration between Xisico as an OEM and major Euro/American airgun makers/distributors is being established.)

I suspect that the three holes at the rear end on the scope rail is for some kind of buttons which prevent the scope rings from moving backward under the impact.  The button on the left side at the rear end is the trigger safety.  It pops out automatically after each cocking, and has to be pressed in before the rifle can be fired.

'
Stock: grip portion.  The stock of XS-B20 is made out of a rare hardwood.  The tree that produce this kind of wood is called "red Qiu",  similar to walnut.  It is wild, and grows only  in the mountain areas.

Stock: fore-end

Stock: rear end

XS-B20 trigger:  the trigger guard is a machined  aluminum cast.

Trigger assembly: the design is the same as HW's Rekord

Trigger assembly: looking from the other side.

Trigger group taken out of the action, in cocked state.

The other side, in "fired state".

Trigger group Diagrams: top - created based on XS-B20 unit;  bottom - from  Weihrauch.

Here is a picture of HW trigger unit.

Picture of HW95.

To remove the endcap, the two round buttons will have to be pushed out first.
To do that, the spring compressor needs to put a right amount of pressure on the endcap.

A small tab on the endcap is in a notch of the receiver tube.  To let the endcap come out, you will need to rotate the tab out of the notch. You can do that by first rotating the receiver to the left,

and then rotating it back to the right.  The endcap will probably come out of notch by now.  If not, give it a help by puching the tab with a wood or plastic stick.

The guts.

The breech block and piston.  The piston has a stainless steel sleeve in it.  There is also a sliding block (the shoe)  for the cocking link.   To remove the piston out of the action, the cocking link shoe needs to to be first taken out from the fore end of the slot.  I decided the not to do it  as the removal  is not necessary for me at this time, and it may damage the piston seal as it is pulled through the sharp edges of the slots and holes.

BACK TO INTRODUCTION            [HOME]