LOUISIANA DARKNESS Sarah Lafayette is sleeping, her husband is awake This summer’s night is too hot Feels like his majesty was here Can you hear the voodoo drums They’re howling at the moon Voodoo..voodoo..voodoo "LOA" HOUSE 1932, North of Baton Rouge Louisiana nights are darker than before Along the Mississippi, that is where it is The old colonial house, a mansion if you will White as snow, the mansion still seems to have its glow And when the moon is full and white You can hear the drums of voodoo echo in the night In the "LOA" house, misery will strike again Jean Le Noir, the first to own this house He was a voodoo priest, a Houngan so they say The voodoo cemetery, that is where he is Died at the hand of an evil Bocor’s will They say..., he's been walking the house ever since that day And when the moon is full and white You can hear the drums of voodoo echo in the night In the "LOA" house, misery will strike again They never should have come, no no no They never should have come to the "LOA" house They never should have come, no no no They never should have come to the "LOA" house 7 days ago... the Lafayetted moved in Sarah is with child and David is the man This is no Abigail, this child will survive And Grandfather dear, why did they bring him here? White as snow, that is all he sees, oh he's been blind for years They never should have come, no no no They never should have come to the "LOA" house They never should have come, no no no They never should have come to the "LOA" house And when the moon is full and white You can hear the drums of voodoo echo in the night In the "LOA" house, misery will strike again In the "LOA" house, misery will strike again And again...and again...and again... and again... LIFE AFTER DEATH Friday night Four shadows heading for the dark Four shadows heading for the past Four shadows heading for the graves in the wooded maze Four shadows looking for the place without a trace Midnight and they're here, midnight The old burial ground..is part of the estate Hidden by the heavy trees..where Jean Le Noir he sleeps The shadows move They're hare to feed the dead..the shadows move 'Cause there is life after death Be patient and you will see There is life after death Be patient and you will see Oh it must never end..never end..no Midnight and they're here, midnight Doctor Le Croix, he's a voodoo sorcerer Madame Sarita, she's got the snake in her And Lula Chevalier, she's the girl that no one ever sees Salem the servant, he belongs to the estate The shadows move They're here to feed the dead..the shadows move The Lafayettes are unaware..their butler Salem, he is here Voodoo has been his life..Voodoo cuts deep like a knife The shadows move They're here to feed the dead..the shadows move 'Cause there is Life after death Be patient and you will see There is life after death Be patient and you will 8ee Oh it must never end..never end Midnight and they're here, midnight Midnight..... Life after death..... VOODOO Saturday evening A narrow path runs along the river From the burial ground you might see it Leading to a temple of secrets Where they meet once a week..to dance and feast Lula is dancing to the voodoo drums Twisting, turning, round and round She is ready to receive the LOA She is ready for the God This one is Damballah Voodoo, voodoo, voodoo Voodoo, voodoo, voodoo Total emptiness inside As Damballah gets ready for her ride Casting out from Lula's head One of two souls that seems to be dead Travelling deep in a trance Lula's legs are getting weak The LOA has seized its horse"...sssssss Lula is not the one that's speaking now Lula is not the one that's lying down Drink, drink girl, drink the chicken's blood Drink, drink girl, drink and feed the God lf this is all you think they do, oh you better think again 'Cause there is so much more to voodoo, oh than meets the eye Voodoo, voodoo, voodoo Voodoo, voodoo, voodoo Human hair on waxen dolls, pins through their knees Pins through their little heads, and through their bellies Ahh they're coming to get you, they're coming for you Ahh they're coming to get you, they're coming for you now Voodoo, voodoo, voodoo Voodoo, voodoo, voodoo... Voodoo... A SECRET Sunday noon In the "Loa" mansion the Lafayettes are meeting There's a crisis they must resolve Twice since they moved into this house The Voodoo drums have spoken at night The mansion is a dark and gloomy place A haunted landscape, a house without grace The Voodoo burial ground is the key Get rid of that and they're free It must remain a secret, or the plan will never work It must remain a secret In comes Salem, he's 6 feet tall and dark He is the new found butler of the "Loa' house They ask him for advice regarding their plan To destroy the cemetery on their land It must remain a secret, or the plan will never work It must remain a secret We must do what must be done If you steal the grave from one who sleeps He will come for you to set him free You must not break the chain Salem: "Jean Le Noir’s spirit walks this house at night Never will he leave, cause this is where he died Great Wanga will hit you if you do Destroy the cemetery of Voodoo" It must remain a secret, or the plan will never work It must remain a secret Superstitious we are not SALEM Saturday midnight At midnight that same night, the Lafayettes were sleeping At midnight that same night, there is a shadow creeping Salem is moving without a sound Salern is moving ... moving, moving to the burial ground So hot and so quiet, only the leaves are shaking By one of the graves, Doctor Le Croix is waiting Salem is moving without a sound Salem is moving ... moving, moving to the burial ground Doctor Le Croix, shaking the hand of Salem My my my my my God, Salem tell me the secret My my my my my God, this makes me feel uneasy In shock...Le Croix is terrified, this could be the end Fear turns to hate, "Great Wanga will befall the Lafayettes Salem, help me, save us ... Salem, help me, save us By turning them to dust So take this money and off you go To Madame Sarita's Boutique of Voodoo A snake curse and a little 'Goofer Dust' You Salem will be the link between them and us This could be an easy way to turn the Lafayettes to dead" Two hours later, Salem leaves Madame Sarita My my my my my God, Salem is looking scary My my my my my God, now he's heading for the cemetery Kneeling in front of one of the graves A handful of soil and Salem is on his way He must leave a copper penny as payment for the soil And to protect himself From all the spirits that could come and dig themselves lnto his head ... Dead ... Dead ... Dead ... Salem is here By the house, in the dark, there is a shadow digging The snake in the bottle, is buried and it's ready Salem is moving without a sound Everyone's sleeping, but me 'cause l don't need it..No ONE DOWN TWO TO GO Monday morning The sun has risen, just above the trees The birds are singing, it's just like a dream What a perfect morning it...could have been Salem's in the kitchen, and that's a sin Eggs for three and a little tea Mixed with the graveyard dirt...from yesterday Anybody eating Salem's "A la carte" today Should be taken ill and...waste away (Salem thinking to himself) "You used to be so beautiful, but now you're gonna die You used to be so beautiful, but now you're gonna die Die, both of you ... are gonna die Die, die, both of you..are gonna die, die ... die" Salem’s walking up the stairs to the second floor Silver tray in hand ... knocking at the door (Salem thinking to himself) "You used to be so beautiful, but now you're gonna die You used to be so beautiful, but now you're gonna die Die, both of you..are gonna die Die, die, both of you..are gonna die" In a fever, sick as Hell David's got a snake bite..and all is well Salem thinks to himself: One down, two to go, "Oh Madame he's got the flu" One down, two to go, "Oh Madame he’s got the flu" The problem is that Sarah's morning sick again That pregnant woman, always something wrong You used to be so beautiful, but now you're gonna die You used to be so beautiful, but now you're gonna die Die..Sarah die, Sarah die Die, die ... Sarah die, Sarah die SENDING OF DEAD Monday evening Evening, the sun is setting, silence is all you hear David, getting really sick he is sweating like a pig The fever's got him now And Sarah's father dear, the morning snack has put him on his back He should have stayed in bed ... oh why didn't he? ... The sun is setting, silence is all you hear Sarah: "Salem, what's going on?" Salem, "Let me tell you a story Madame, a secret about your land The reason ... for all this madness Let me tell you a story Madame, the burial ground on your land Is a secret voodoo stand If you ever destroy this sacred place Legend says that you will die, and never find your rest I'm telling the truth..Oh yes l am lf the living can't feed the dead, then the dead will come for you Yeah Sarah, 'You better hold your tongue now Salem 'Cause l don't believe in ghosts" There is only one thing left to do now And that is "Sending Of Dead" The four shadows are meeting again At the cemetery gates, darkness is a friend Midnight will soon be here Everything should be ready by now ... for "Sending Of Dead" Place the image of Saint Expedit Upside down and around I hear Doctor Le Croix speaking "Let the ritual begin" "Almighty God, father of mine, come for Sarah Lafayette That she may be "Disappeared', forever lost Saint Expedit, you are a saint and I'm a sinner l send you to find...Sarah Lafayette Oh, rid me of her head and rid me of her soul Rid me of all her thoughts, rid me of her memory For this curse to work, Baron Samedi, Samedi, Samedi Send your blessing, so Sarah may be gone" As if he was sent from the sky, Baron Samedi creeps inside The Doctor’s body..speaking to Salem Samedi: "You must bring me a sacrifice You must come back before midnight Kneel before my cross"...Salem is there He takes a handful of soil from each grave Of the dead he wants to send..into Sarah Now quick quick run back to the HOUSE The soil must lie where Sarah sleeps SARAH'S NIGHT Monday night - Tuesday morning, master bedroom Salem's standing in the dark Watching Sarah's sleeping body Someone is in her bed Twisting, turning in his fever David will not even see her l am invisible..I am the one to bring you down I open up my hand, the "Goofer Dust" is falling It's now on Sarah's hand You can almost see the dead, as they enter Sarah's head Then deep into her stomach, l wonder how the baby feels Violently she's sitting up Screams of pain l know she's hurting l only see the white in her eyes Sarah speaks in unknown tongue Then she spits a little blood Time has come, I must be gone In comes Grandpa, what is he doing l thought l had him not moving But the dead in Sarah's head, will take her to an early grave Salem is gone Grandpa: "Go back to sleep my dear lt's just another nightmare Those God damn voodoo drums l will stay in here tonight, and keep an open eye So you can sleep again... Sarah sleep...Sarah sleep...Sarah sleep... THE EXORCIST Tuesday morning At the light of dawn, on a day without Sunshine...Salem had vanished Gone, would Sarah, would she survive Grandpa was panicking Father Malone, The Exorcist ... Father Malone, The Exorcist Sarah's voice had changed, from female to Male... and that was wrong, it was as if Sarah Had gone, Grandpa remembered his friend Father Malone was the name Grandpa: "Put me through to New Orleans The Abbey of the Holy Saints Father Malone please...it's urgent You got to, you got to, you got to put me through" It only took a minute or two, before the Father he understood Father Malone: "Listen here my friend, do not despair l will be there...this afternoon But beware...of the Daytime Moon" Father Malone, The Exorcist...Father Malone, he is here Father Malone: 'Holy Cross and Bible Holy Water for the soul And so the house I bless, but David he’s go to Go, call for an ambulance before the others know Then he went back to Sarah’s room UNCLEAN SPIRITS Tuesday early morning Father Malone: "Holy Lord, Almighty Father Everlasting God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ Who sent your only begotten son into the world To crush that lion Strike terror Lord, into the Beast Let your mighty hand cast him out of your servant Sarah Lafayette So he may no longer hold captive this prisoner I cast you out, you unclean spirit In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ It is he who commands you It is God himself who commands you By this sign of the Holy Cross Give way to Christ The power of Christ compels you The power of Christ compels you The power..... the power ..... CROSS OF BARON SAMEDI Tuesday evening One single hour, is like a working day Father Malone is getting tired Darkness... has come again The Demons seem to be resting Sarah is looking just like Hell There ain't much left of her to save now Meanwhile in Salem's quarters There's a shadow that moves Into a room full of secrets of life lnto a room only few have survived There is a cross upon the wall The cross of Baron Samedi The shadow is taking the cross away The shadow is Lula, the girl that no one ever sees l see her shadow with that cross of mine l see her shadow slipping into the night The cross of Baron Samedi will set us free The cross of Baron Samedi, just wait and see The cross of Baron Samedi is full of nails The cross of Baron Sarmedi could split your head Take it to Sarah... Take it to Sarah...Sarah Darkness... she’s up again Sarah is standing in front of Father Malone Sleeping..the Father's on a chair Sarah is saying: "Father, I’m about to sin" Then one to the Father's head The cross is coming down so hard Screaming, bleeding, Malone goes down Again and..again and..his blood is all around In comes Grandpa: "Stop it Sarah stop" l don't know why, but Sarah dropped the cross Two hours later everyone was here Police and ambulance, wiping up the tears Samedi...Samedi...Samedi IF THEY ONLY KNEW Tuesday night-Monday morning I heard a policeman say to Grandpa: "There once was a Salem, the caretaker of the "LOA" house But he died years ago. As a matter of fact, he's buried right here on your land". lf they only knew. AFTERMATH The "LOA" house and the old voodoo burial ground Are still standing in all their glory. The Lafayettes left the hospital and Louisiana And went to ... l don't care. Malone survived. He’s a scared old man now, By the way, my name is Salem. You cannot say, that everybody's happy, But you can say, that everybody is now Safe from each other. At least l thought so, until a few days ago When I heard of some mother By the name of Sarah Lafayette Who's newborn baby was speaking in the strangest tongue Backwards. A miracle? Some expert had uttered the word: VOODOO