timeship

Time Capsule Diary

Focus on a Decade

Way Way Back !

Home

Here is Sabrina`s whole FIE letter novel in progress !

Enjoy.....

One beautiful summer day, Sabrina was walking to town with her picnic basket. She was planning on eating in the park while reading her favorite book when all of a sudden, "BANG ! Sabrina found herself flat on her back with her food all over the place. It was a big mess! It took her a couple of seconds to realize what had just happened. A girl came from around the corner, wasn,t looking where she was going and ran into her making Sabrina drop her food all over the street.

"Oh my goodness! I,m truly sorry for this! Let me help you! said the stranger. They both started gathering up all of the food.

"There,s no point in me eating this food anymore! Sabrina said.

"Hi! I,m Danielle Morrison. Said the stranger offering her hand, feeling bad for what she had done.

"My name is Sabrina Kalweit. Sabrina answered, a bit upset that she couldn,t eat her lunch that she had packed.

"Since I am responsible for this, how about I buy you lunch? Danielle offered.

"All right, thanks! Where shall we eat? Sabrina said surprised.

"How about that restaurant over there? Danielle said waiting for her answer.

"Sounds good to me! Sabrina said as they walked to the Greek restaurant.

At the restaurant, while the waitress served their food, Sabrina asked Danielle a question, eager to know what exactly what she did.

"Well tell me about yourself Danielle!

"I,m a scientist and I,m working on a way to go back into the past.

My invention is coming along and is almost finished, it only needs some finishing touches. Danielle said before taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Wow! That,s really interesting! What does your invention look like?" Sabrina asked. She was wondering to herself if it would actually work.

"How could someone go back in time?"

"Well it,s a special ring, that fits snug on your middle finger. To go into the past, you have to turn it to the right 3 times. If you want to return to the present, you have to turn it 3 times to the left. To go to the year that you want to visit in the past, you have to think of the place and time that you want to visit, while turning the ring. Danielle said. She was really glad that somebody was actually interested in her work.

Danielle had a kind of nerdy and down to earth personality. She had brown hair and blue eyes and she stood about 5 foot 10 inches. Sabrina had a outgoing, down to earth and compassionate personality. She had brown hair and brown eyes and stood about 5 foot 12 inches.

Sabrina thought that it was really neat to have bumped into somebody so interesting!

"Thank you very much for lunch but I really have to get going. It,s nice to have met you and good luck with your invention!! Sabrina said looking at her watch.

"Well you know what? Maybe we could write to each other! I,ll tell you about all of the things that I will see and all of the interesting things I will do! I have another invention. Magical stamps where you just have to think of me and then the letter will appear in my pocket and vice versa! Danielle said very enthusiastically.

"I,ll send you some before I leave on my first adventure so that we could keep in touch! They both agreed before saying goodbye.

Monday March 1 1960

Dear Sabrina,

Hi! Right now I,m visiting the 60,s. It was weird going through time!! I turned the ring 3 times to the left, and thought to myself "I want to go to the 60,s and I started getting sucked into the ring. It seemed like it took 1 hour to reach the 60,s when it only took seconds.

There where colors flying everywhere. I saw images of the town that I,m living in, revert into the right decade. It was really weird! I was really dizzy by the time I got there, but hey, I,m here now and I,m fine!

When I got here, I ended up in a bathroom stall, in a restaurant called Mikes Diner . When I walked out every one was staring at me as if I came from Mars because I had different clothes on. I ran out of there and went to a clothing store and bought some clothes from this decade.

Things look different here! Especially the people! They are all trying to be different but they all look the same. They all have really colorful clothing that clash. The bell bottoms and the platform shoes are really in!! That sounds kind of familiar. Don,t you think?

The cars look really neat they are all a lot bigger and some of them look kind of fancier then the ones in the 21 century!! I like them! There are lots of single family bungalows, divided up on a property with their neighbors.

Last night I went to a Beatles concert! It was awesome!! The place was packed! There were thousands of people! I barely had a place to sit! About 95 of the people were women and young girls going "gaga over them! In other words they where going nuts. They were screaming so loud that it was hard to hear the music. People were fainting, crying, taking drugs and going hysterical over them. It was unbelievable. Well in our days, it is true, people still go nut over some music groups and still some people take drugs.

They sang a lot of their famous and their best songs like; We all livein the yellow submarine; I want to hold your hand; Yesterday; Obladi Oblada, and about 10 others.

When the concert was over, all of the people started pushing and shoving, rushing to the doors to go home. They pushed me out of the way. I was lost so I just started walking around and I saw that everyone had pushed me into the direction of backstage. There I was standing all alone, when all of a sudden the Beatles walked out of their dressing room, with their big and buff body guards. When they saw me, the body guards started yelling at me and asked me how I possibly got there. After I told them my story, they started to back off and they let me talk to the Beatles. It was really amazing! I always thought that they were mean and that they would hurt me, but amazingly enough they let me!

The Beatles were really nice! We started talking about the concert and about all of the weird things that happened. It was really fun! I,m really happy that I met them! They said that they hoped that I would come visit them if i ever go to England. I,m wondering if I should go. I guess that I,ll go if I have time before I come back home to the year 2000!

I,m having a great time here in the 60,s!! I still have a lot to see here so write back soon and tell me what,s new with you!

Your friend

Danielle Morrison

Dear Danielle,

How are you doing? I,m doing fine! I,m really glad to hear that you made it safely! Wow! You must have had a great time at the Beatles concert and it must have been really awesome to actually have met them!

While visiting the 60's, strange as it may seem, you must have told top scientists of the world how to improve that 60's invention the pacemaker. Now the invention has improved so much that here in the year 2000 they are making new hearts for people that need a pacemaker. Just this morning, while enjoying my breakfast, I saw you on TV, with the top scientists of the world, showing them how to make better pacemakers. It was on the the history channel they were having a special show on all of the best things that happened in the 1960,s. Now since it already happened in the future, they are going to grow new brains, bones and other organs for people.

Unfortunately,they have to test all of their experiments on animals to make sure that they will work on humans and not hurt us. Right now, the monkeys are almost extinct because of all of their testing the experiments and they are beginning to use other animals species too and they are starting to go extinct.

Please get out of the 60,s! Before it,s too late! If you talk or help anybody, you will kill all of us! All of the animals will be extinct and we might die a lot sooner because of it!

Please leave!!!

Sincerely your friend

Sabrina

Dear Sabrina, April 14 1910

Thank you so much for warning me! I can,t believe I would cause such a thing! I didn,t mean to! I swear! I thought that I would help everyone! I guess I just made it worse! I took your advice and I decided to visit the year 1910.

Just like my first travel through time, it felt weird! Once again, it seemed to take hours when it only took seconds. Colors were flying everywhere and images of the place that I was staying in in the 60,s , was reverting into the right decade.

When I finally appeared, I found myself standing in a field with a town in the distance. I chose to go to Germany. It took a while to get to get to town by foot! When I finally got there, all of the people were looking at me a lot stranger that they had in the 60,s!! I,m thinking that it was because of my really odd but cool outfit! I was wearing blue, orange, purple and yellow bell bottoms and a pink belly shirt with a red peace sign on it. I also had an Afro. I looked really strange! Especially for them!

I looked around until I found a clothing shop and I bought some "normal clothes". They were all dressed up like the people in the movie Titanic . The wealthier people of the town were driving around in model-T fords, the men in the cars were wearing top hats and the women were wearing fancy dresses. They looked very distinguished!

After buying some new clothes, I was really hungry and decided to try out some of the pastries I asked some people if they had a bakery or a little coffee shop and they pointed me to the right direction. It was a really cute, but crowded place!

Marc Franz came in in a rush, and sat down at the same table as me. He introduced himself and told me about his life. He was a very good painter! He wasn,t that well known back them as he is now, like most famous people. It was really cool to have bumped into him!

I did a little bit of research about him:

Marc Franz, in my eyes, is a very good German expressionist painter!
He was best known for his wonderful paintings of animals, mostly of deer
and horses. Marc reflected nature in his paintings with his belief in a
spiritual connection. He believed that animals and plant forms were
more beautiful than humans ones.
He made a magnificent painting that has a yellow cow with a nice
selection of colors, which shows that he made largely figured paintings.
Marc was born in Munich, Germany. The day of his birth was the 8th of
February 1880. While growing up in Munich, he attended the Munich
academy. When he was 36, he married, and he got enlisted in the German
army to fight in the world war 2, and died March 4th 1916. Before he
died, the last thing that he had made were sketches. He died in the
battle in Verdun. After his death, his wife became his trustee of his
work.
Marc accomplished many things, including experiment with cubism and
futurism after 1913. During his visits to France, once in 1903 and the
other in 1907, he was influenced by impressionism and the fauvis use of
color.
Marc also helped the new Artists Association, headed by Wassily
Kandinsky, including Gabriel Munter, Alexej von Jaulensky, Paul Klee and
August Macke in 1911.

He was influenced by Kandinsky, Macke and Munter, and they formed a
group that was more radical named "Der Blaue Reiter Kandinsky
influenced Marc to paint geometric abstractions.
While learning about Marc Franz, I looked at some of his paintings.
The ones that I liked the most are "Yellow cow , which was so
wonderfully painted with lots of colors and textures. Another one of
my favorites was "Little Yellow Horses , which was very nicely painted.
Many of his greatest paintings were from 1912-1913, "the Tiger , "Three
Steer in a Winter Land and "Dreams .

I,m invited to go visit him tomorrow and I,ll tell you all about how it went I get back!!

Sincerely

Danielle