********************************************************************** NBA LIVE '98 Editor ********************************************************************** Version 0.2 Beta 1/26/98 Written and Created by: Jack Alltucker Copyright (c) 1998 by Jack Alltucker ====================================================================== **NEW TO THIS VERSION:** 1. Fixed most bugs. 2. Added Season Stats 3. Added Speech, Portrait and PKG fields, this is good for Putting your own pictures in or changing sound and stuff. Try Tim's bitmap editor to see what I mean. Plans For Next Version: 1. Auto open the last file you used. 2. School, and Team's will be fixed/added. 3. Anything else I have time for. ====================================================================== ******OVERVIEW****** ====================================================================== The NBAed98 Editor works in conjunction with the NBA Live '98 computer game. First of all I am in no way associated with EA Sports, who created NBA Live '98, I just am a big basketball fan and I am trying to learn programming so I wrote this editor program. With my editor you are able to edit just about everything you could thing of, such as Player's names, nicknames, player ratings, basically any rating that the game uses can be edited with my editor. This Editor is also Very BETA right now, it is by no means done, I plan to add a LOT more features, also there are probably some bugs since this is a beta. See the bug list towards the bottom of this readme. This program is released FREE to anyone who wants it, but please do not change any of the files that are included. My web page will always have the most up-to date version of the editor. PLEASE BACKUP YOUR FILES BEFORE EDITING THEM WITH MY EDITOR!. I am not responsible for your files being damaged or messed up, this should not happen, but just in case, you should back up the files first before you edit them. File(s) to backup: (1) Players.dbf http://www.efn.org/~jack_a You can email me comments or questions at jalltuc@ibm.net ====================================================================== ******INCLUDED FILES and System Requirments****** ====================================================================== ----FILES---- NBAed98.exe (The Main Application Program) ReadMe.txt (the file you are reading right now!) ---Requirments---- -A PC running Windows 95 -NBA Live '98 -Microsoft Compatable mouse reccomended. ======================================================================= ******INSTALLATION****** ======================================================================= To install the NBA Live '98 editor just place the NBAed98.exe anywhere you want to on your computers hard drive, you can then make a shortcut to it on your desktop (see windows95 instructions if you dont know how) -To Uninstall- Just delete the NBAed98.exe file and the ReadMe.txt file. ======================================================================= ******DIRECTIONS****** ======================================================================= -Start the NBA Live '98 editor by double clicking NBAed98.exe or by running the shortcut(if you made one) -Select Open Players.dbf and select the Players.dbf file you want to open. The Players.dbf will be in your NBALIVE98\SAVES\***\ Directory where *** corresponds to a number between 000 and 999. -Now you can edit the players data, ratings, whatever! use the drop down lists on the right to select players, or use the forward back arrows to move to the next player (by Player ID) Notes: The edit boxes in the editor have checks in them for example Jump Shooting you can only enter a number between 50 and 99 so If you try to enter 30, and then click somwhere else it will say "Please enter an integer between 50 and 99" More Notes: Dunk Package can be from 0-6 dunk package specifies how many dunks a player can peform, for example Michael Jordan Has a Dunk Package of 6, so he can perform 6 diffrent dunks. Other players like STockton have a Dunk Package of 0 which means he wont dunk at all. Preffered Dunk can be from 0-5 and it just specifies which dunk is a players preffered dunk. Jersey Number's that show as -1 in the editor actually will show as 00 in the game. For example if you want Eric Montross's number to be 00 you must type -1 into the editor. The same sort of thing goes for the Draft info stuff, if you put a -1 in those draft info fields then it means the player was NOT Drafted. ======================================================================= ******BUGS****** ======================================================================= -Player ID/ West, East all-star bug. (if you use Tim's new patches this is fixed) -If you have edited the data with Excel or another spreadsheet it messes the format and my editor can't read it. So only use NON excel edited Players.dbf files with my edtior (For example use Tim's patches, they work fine in my editor) -If you open a file with a custom team or a team that you edited the name with, my editor won't show this and it wont work quite right. For my next version Beta 0.3 I plan to fix this issue. If you see any other bugs, please email them to me at jalltuc@ibm.net Include as good of description as you can so that I know what the problem is and I will try to fix it. ======================================================================= ******FUTURE PLANS****** ======================================================================= As you may have noticed some of the things in the editor are greyed out or not finished. In the future I plan to fix these things. Here is a list of things I plan to add. 1. School Editor 2. Team Editor 3. Injury Editor 4. Schedule Editor (mabye) 5. Make Players All-Star 6. Trade Feature/ Roster Orders 7. Stats Multiplier (mutilpy any rating by any number thoughout the whole roster file) 8. Carrer Stats, Playoff Stats 9. League and Team leaders. ======================================================================= ******Version History****** ======================================================================= ---Beta 0.1 12/13/97 Initial Release. ---Beta 0.2 1/26/98 2nd Release, fixed various bugs added Season Stats, and other things. ======================================================================= ******SPECIAL THANKS/CONTACT INFO****** ======================================================================= Special Thanks goes to: -EA Sports for creating the best basketball game ever! -Tim Tschirner for helping me figure a lot of stuff out, and letting me use some of his ideas. THANKS TIM! I couldn't have done it without you. -Tim Tschirner, Lutz, Brien: For all their cool Live seiries editors, rosters... You can Contact me at jalltuc@ibm.net or visit my web page at http://www.efn.org/~jack_a/