Algol Project Ground Rules

Okay, since we seem to have enough interest in the Algol resuscitation project, I think we should set up a few ground rules to insure that we actually produce something useful here. First let me say that I'm making no assignments. Yes, we can all have the Murians. Post whatever turns you on.

1. Use a common subject tag to differentiate project submissions from other posts. I think [MZ ALGOL] should be simple enough.
  2. Stick to the canon. Treat previously published (by R. Talsorian) material as law and don't make any significant changes to it. If the published material conflicts (e.g. the Halo League in MII and MZ), go with the most recent version.
  3. Don't post anything under the [MZ ALGOL] tag that is dependent upon events or situations unique to your game. We want this to be useful to any Algol campaign, so if you can't adapt it, leave it out or post it under a different subject tag.
  4. The time frame for submissions will be the year 1530 AY; around the time of the Aggendi war. If you post something from a different time frame, label it as such for clarity.

That should give us a place to start. As always, these ground rules are open for discussion. Feel free to E-mail me anytime. Also, bear in mind that anything you post is public domain, and will likely be used without any credit being given to you. If this is a problem, either don't post it or just E-mail it. R. Talsorian's copyright on the names and situations should keep anyone else from trying to make a profit from it. However, if R. Talsorian wants to publish any of my stuff, I would be honored to let them, provided they give me credit for it.

Okay, now that the disclaimer is out of the way, let me clarify exactly what we're looking for here. This project is an attempt to develop the Algol gameworld for The Mekton game system. The original was created by Mike MacDonald, who is now in Singapore pursuing another career. Since Mike will not be doing Algol any more (so far as we know), I'm starting this project to finish what he started. (BTW, Benjamin, if you can contact Mike, please tell him about this project and tell him that we would welcome his input) Okay, here's what we're looking for:

• Info on individual cities on Algol. Locations, local politics, nightclubs, etc.
  • Mecha, any nationality. I would particularly like to see stats for the mecha that were mentioned in the text of the Mekton Techbook but never detailed.
  • Characters. You can never have too many NPCs. You can list full personalities and stats or just summarize and list their strongest stats and skills as was done in the old Mekton Empire book.
  • Organizations. Make up new ones or give details on old ones. What the hell is with the Shafirin Raiders anyway?
  • General ideas. Who's up to what, why, and how? Post your own conspiracy theories. Give us your version of what happened to the Fireflight crew in the 10 years since Operation: Rimfire. What are the Murians REALLY up to? Use your imagination.

Feel free to add to the list. I'm just trying to get us started. That should be enough for now. There will be a brief quiz later.

- Lord Ebonflack