Mekton Zeta Plus Extra
Project: Algol Info

Q: What are the names of the various Karg states that make up the Kargan Empire?

A: Couldn't help you here. Try going with the names of the various Arcology's, and designate each Arcology the capitol of it's own prefecture/State.

Q: What is the hierarchy of nobility in Karga and Elara?

A: Well, we know they have Dukes, so one would assume Duchesses as well. We can also assume, if they have Dukes, they have Counts and other European styled nobility. Go with that.

Q: Do the Ettarrans have any permanent cities (land based) and if so, what and where are they?

A: I remember reading something about them /trying/ to make a few, but they were meeting with problems last time I checked. Also, I think Zeta said they were building one c 1530, but it got put on hold by the Aggendi attack.

Q: What city is Karga's actual capitol?

A:The one with the biggest gun at the time! :)

Q: Presumably, the child that Ymri was pregnant with in 1520 (Operation: Rimfire) is alive in 1530. Anybody got a name for him/her?

A: Hubert?

Q: Exactly when was the Murian force field established, and by whom? It seems to predate the Brotherhood of Kallicar.

A: I do seem to recall that the forcefield was supposed to have gone up sometime around when the Rimfire is outbound towards the Aggrendi ship. How about it was established by the original crash survivors or their immediate descendents? They had no way of knowing if there were any more Aggendi around after the fight on the moon, so it seems like a sensible precaution. Plus it keeps the huge monsters out.

A: It does predate the Kallicarians. If I remember correctly, Karga and Elara and Ettara were established by seperatists after the colony ship "landed" on Algol. I believe Muria was the original crash site (hence the black tower... I still say it's really the original ship, just buried with it's head in the sand)... It's not beyond the realm of possibility to have a really powerful x100 (or even X scale) Cloak and Reactive Shield system going on the island.

Q: If Karga and Elara discovered each other in the year 0, they must have had transoceanic travel. Given that, why did they not find Muria until the year 800? Did they really sail right past an Australia-sized continent for 8 centuries and not notice it?

A: Was the force field up during this time? They probably knew Muria was there, but had no way to access or learn about it until 800. If the shield was intended to keep Aggendi from finding it with starship scale sensors, it would certainly be easy to hide from normal eyes.Or, maybe the Murians used their powers to cloud the minds of anyone who got too close until they felt the time was right.