loops
effects
mp3.com reviews
music
visual arts
links

C R O W L E Y ' Z   W O R L D
S A M P L E S

156 free samples are available at the moment; not much but they're good. click on the speaker to hear a lo-fi realaudio preview (needs realplayer) and on the file name to download. all zips contain single wav files, 16bit and mostly 44khz.

feedback is always appreciated if you've found something useful on these pages. same for links on your page...

CONTRIBUTIONS

i'm always looking for good material to add here, so if you think you have some great samples you'd like to share with the world, just send them (but please don't mail them all at once since i'm still on a rather slow dial-up connection). thanks!

COPYRIGHT?

now that's a difficult topic. i get most of my samples from cd's, vinyl or from the radio, so you shouldn't use them if you plan to release your music (even on "labels" like mp3.com!) - in principle. on the other hand, i don't think anyone would sue you for using his synth or snare drum sound. and considering hundreds of d'n'b tracks using the amen break, i guess that counts for drumloops, too.
anyway, since i'm maintaning this site on a private, just-for-fun base, i can't give you any kind of guarantee, so the only way to be 100% sure is not to use these samples ;)

if you need further information about sampling-related copyright issues, you should read "sampling and the law", an article on samplenet which is absolutely worth reading.

mail me if you need to know the source of a specific sample (especially the vocals), maybe i can remember :)