Quite large Abraeumern, in Germany becomes it at least no more ignored. Critics throw KMFDM (no power for you Mehr)(Aber, there gab's already different translations
the contraction, talk.) perhaps too Quite forwards, itself since the last four Not to develop further albums any longer. Who however once the merciless " Groove brutal guitar core sound " did not expire, that can at all get enough of it. KMFDM make simply coole music, which makes fun. One looks a deeper sense up in vain. Quotation: " We like talking dirty, we smoke & we drink, we have NO lyrics, our message is nil, our music is sampled, totally fake, NO doubt about it: KMFDM sucks! " Helmar Giebel spoke with founder and Mastermind Sascha Konietzko.

-? -: From KMFDM it gives with more beautiful Regularity each year various Publications. Do not have you actually ever with a creative hole to fight had?

-! -: Noe, creative holes does not give it. steps everything else to our work into that Background. If we plan, a new Disk to make, we hang ourselves there also correctly purely. The concept comes then with the work.

-? -: How do you co-operate?

-! -: I mostly carry at the beginning of all possible Noises together and tinker on any loops, until a basic structure for few pieces is available. Then I operate together with our guitarist Guenter Schulz at harmonious structures, bass lines, guitars etc.. Later we take up correct schlagzeuge, with William Rieflin or EN Esch. Push afterwards the various guest musicians in addition. I revise finally the remainder. In the end become whole the Backing Vocalistinnen brought in. If that Piece then is not finished, schmeissen we it away and make something new.

-? -: Then most work remains thus at you hang?

-! -: Yes, mostly already, at least those kompositorische work. At production are I then to 75% takes part.

-? -: On the new disk are quite many Guest musicians represent. How was it added?

-! -: Those are actually no more as otherwise. With F.M. unit we have ' 88 already times co-operated. Mufti and I are since many Years gets used to. As we a last year in Atlanta played, were coincidental he with Caspar Broetzmann on the way. There we have then decided to make again somewhat together.

-? -: It noticed to me that you compared with the last album " Nihil " again a course shifted back, which the rate concerns. Are you consciously a little more grooviger become?

-! -: That is so actually not at all conscious to me. I stop had at the beginning of the expectation attitude of the Public in the back of the head. So the result canbut only scheisse become. Thus I have me solve from it and simply confused things made.

-? -: " dogma " has a text, the one rule quite binds. A really interesting Song, out the usual KMFDM pattern breaks out!

-! -: The first reaction from people Germany to " dogma " truely rather indifferently. Here in the states, that exactly turned around. That Song is here the absolute Knaller, from the text seen. The music is thereby actually only those Company to the merciless text.

-? -: The Song " Inane " could my opinion after the continuation of " Sucks " (of that CD " fear ") its.

-! -: There you are right! That is simply again in Spasssong, the " Lustigberger " as it were. " Xtort " becomes after repeated hearing much change. The emphasis becomes shift. That is so far the consent from that Reactions of the people. " Craze " liked many first not. Later they have this Song under the shower sung! For me it is after four Months distance the vielschichtigste album, that I made ever.

-? -: You use always very short and concise album titles (e.g. Money, fear, Nihil or naive ones). These are as it were also that Topic of the respective album?

-! -: Those are simply attraction words. That superordinate topic is called attraction word and " always on the kacke strike "! Perhaps becomes in ten Years put someone, from one scientific point of view from a book over KMFDM write and a conceptional Continuity determine. Then it becomes very exact dialectic occupy. We can do that nowadays not. If the poet its own texts and Music interpreted, becomes it banally.

-? -: Who actually sketches your legendary Cover?

-! -: The Cover becomes from an artist under the alias " Brute " sketched. We have us before ten years in London become acquainted with. Brute is actually also a member of KMFDM. Its contribution is stop the visual organization. It has also a conceptional continuity. That Connection between album titles and graphic organization however mostly is controversially or at least uneinsichtig. It by the way even operates on our second fully animated character trick video to uncoupling " Son OF A Gun ". On the single it by the way gives an EN Esch Remix of " Inane " 

-? -: Your disk company has nevertheless even only it verkuendigt that you no more support on Remixe have?!

-! -: All Verarschung! Additionally EN Esch was not at all good involved in the new album as as. So that the impression does not develop, we would have cracked ourselves, it evenly this Remix made

-? -: How you actually on the idea came to obligate at that time Giorgio Moroder for a Remix of " Juke joint Jezebel "?

-! -: We sat at that time in the disk company and for a completely mismatching artist looked, around this whole drooped rem ix-history new life einzuhauchen. The most absurd conception was for me the Moroder Remix. Giorgio was immediately inspired. That mix is very disco moderate, but as experience nevertheless merrily. I feel much respect for Giorgio. Without him we would not have many Acts � la Donna buzzer etc. had....(lacht).

-? -: In order again on your video to speak come, how your relation to MTV looks?

-! -: With MTV America we are from the outset on war foot. Those are simply in such a manner backward, those are fixed only on Whitesnake, Nirvana and Pearl Jam. That is simply total to the otzen. We already made some videos. The irony of the whole one is that MTV America will not show our new video quite surely. In addition, so it is already the absolute cult thing here.

-? -: Still the feud with the German hangs you and quite particularly that Hamburg press after. What was really the matter?

-! -: Since the publication of " fear " one brings in Germany very much interest to us. We had in the meantime also a few appearances with you. The last route ran extremely well. There was for a while the misunderstanding that we would be insulted, because one did not like us in Germany. The possibilities, us in the USA were offered were simply better. It would have been simply stupid to remain further in Germany.

-? -: I heard, you live now in the former Grunge center Seattle?

-! -: Is correct, that is also merry. My Ma is even here to attendance. If in Germany it tells you that their son is a musician in Seattle, says all: " oh, he plays Grunge ". Seattle is simply full province. That was only because of the disk companies, which meant, if good tape comes from the city, must there still different be, which one marked out well can. Those draw then so a city-moderate trend of because of Seattle -, Chicago or Detroit tape up, but does not function in such a way. Seattle is small, beschaulich and provinziell, exactly the correct for me!

-? -: The new disk is dedicated to Jim Nash. Who is that?

-! -: That is one the founder of Wax Trax, which Octobers at aids letzen died. Jim made the success of KMFDM only possible. It put in our starting days its telephone, beer, grass and its accommodation to us at the disposal.

-? -: Thanks for the interview!

(back)