SCREAMER RALLY

by Virgin Interactive

GAME DESCRIPTION

I currently don't have much of a game description, just some pictures. I do know however that the game will support 3D graphics cards (3DFX in particular) and will have extra tracks. Well here is the pictures:

(From www.microrevue.com)

After International Rally Championship and TOCA, here's Screamer 2 Rally, the interface has been improved, with new system acceleration and optimized AI. Each car can be modified to fit on the right track. Screamer Rally also offers multiplayer support with its split screen feature. In solo mode two new teams, 5 opponents, 7 new circuits: China, Arizona, Canada, Tosca, England, Colombia and the Grand Canyon under the snow. Soon to be released on November 1997.

DEMO

A demo is now available, it has support for 3DFX, Matrox Mystique and 3D Blaster!!! It's 34 Mb in size

This is Operation 3DFX's review of the German Demo

"The (german) demo I downloaded rules! It is much smoother and there are no lines around the
          textures (like the trees). I don't know why there are different versions out, but if you
          think that the whole game will be like the cover CD demo, then you're wrong! Download the
          german web demo (it is bigger than the other demo) and you will see what an excellent
          racing game is like!"

This first Demo is in German (34Mb)
 ftp://reactor.actlab.com/fridge/o3dfx/game_demos/srally/rallydemo.zip
 ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/3dfxmania/games/rallydemo.zip

This second Demo is in English (The English demo is smaller about 17Mb, although from some reports the German demo has better graphics and more game play)
 ftp://reactor.actlab.com/fridge/o3dfx/game_demos/srally/srdemo.zip

Also if you have trouble getting the game started here is a tip from Operation 3DFX:
"to get screamer rally demo 2 work all u need 2 do is change the drive letters in the screamer.cfg file from d: to c: hope this helps"

CHEATS

Simply type the following cheat code at the main menu:

TRAMO - All Tracks
CARBO - All Cars
LEALL - All Leagues

PATCHES

Thanks to Jonatan Antonson for this fix for 6Mb 3DFX cards (they have 4 Mb texture memory)

Make a batch file with the following entries in it, run the batch file and this should solve the problem of the game not running on cards with 4 Mb of texture memory:

SET SST_TMUMEM_SIZE=2
strt3fx.exe

It's as simple as that.

New (From Operation 3DFX)

Thanks to Virgin Interactive for sending me the first patch for Screamer Rally, the first patch is for the german version (Bleifus Rally), and has the following fixes:

This patch fixes mip-mapping problem found in 3dfx cards, also adds support for 4Mb textures, ie: Pure 3D. A fix for Screamer 2 is in the works, also this patch will only work with german version.

Download the Patch (340 Kb)
ftp://op3dfx.com/pub/game_patches/screamer_rally/br3dfx.zip

Voodoo 2 patch for Screamer Rally
Download Sites:
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/3dfiles/patch_archives/sr3dfx2.exe
ftp://ftp.epix.net/pub/3dfiles/patch_archives/sr3dfx2.exe
ftp://mirrors.telepac.pt/pub/3dfiles/patch_archives/sr3dfx2.exe
ftp://ftp.iol.it/pub/3dfiles/patch_archives/sr3dfx2.exe
ftp://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/3dfiles/patch_archives/sr3dfx2.exe
ftp://ftp.saix.net/pub/3dfiles/patch_archives/sr3dfx2.exe

Voodoo 2 Patch (Old Links, probably Broken)
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/3dfxmania/patches2/sr3dfx2.exe
http://ftp.telepac.pt/pub/3dfxmania/patches2/sr3dfx2.exe
ftp://ftp.iol.it/3dfxmania/patches2/sr3dfx2.exe
ftp://ftp.saix.net/pub/3dfxmania/patches2/sr3dfx2.exe
ftp://ftp.op3dfx.com/pub/game_patches/screamer_rally/Sr3dfx2.exe

LINKS TO OTHER TO SCREAMER 2 RALLY SITES

Virgin's UK Site (The Official Screamer Rally Homepage)
Virgin Interactive
All Games Network
Operation 3DFX
http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/gdr.cgi?zones/reviews/pc/dec97/s-rally.html (Game Review)
http://plaza13.mbn.or.jp/~tayou_s2/ (Screamer Site)

Go BackGO BACK TO 3D PC DRIVING PAGEGo Back