Special Things
in KKnD/KKnDXtreme

Tech Bunker
Sentinel Droid
Mech
Plasma Tank
Gort the Robot
Oil Patches

If you ever played KKnD, then you should know what oil patches are, maybe you noticed things like upgrades or tech bunkers? 
I'm going to talk about all of those things here.
Map
Upgrading
Limitations
Unit Properties
Detention Center
Holding Pen

Tech Bunker

Tech bunkers are the gifts from 25th century. Trust me it's in your interests to find them first. It looks like a square box with "toxic" sign on the top. Opens up on approach. Bunkers exist in Survivor levels 7,9,11 and Evolved 11, 13 Xtreme Survivor 7,9 Xtreme Evolved level 1. When you open a bunker you get either money or a special and incredibly powerful unit, about them I'm gone talk a little bit later. In Chaos or multiplayer mode they open in about 5-10 minutes after they've been discovered. Everything else works the same way: If your unit stands next to the bunker at the moment when it becomes active-you get all the fun!!! Unfortunately I don't have any stats for any of the tech bunker's dwellers. If you have any of this data, please e-mail me.
Sentinel Droid
The first child of Tech bunkers. Combination of a spider and a plasma cannon. This thing IS strong. Not repairable (unfortunately). Not fast. Good range. Can win anything that you can build in one-on-one fight. You should find it in Survivor level 8, Xtreme level 7
 Mech
Even more powerful than Sentinel Droid. Fires plasma and rockets. Not repairable. Not fast. Stronger than any buildable unit. You should find Mech in Survivor 7, Evolved 11, 13. 
 Plasma Tank
Fast and powerful, can easily get away out of crab's rockets or beetle's acid. Fires plasma. Not repairable. Probably the strongest thing in the game. You'll meet him in Survivor level 11, Xtreme level 9.
Gort the Robot
Big, funny robot bends over the enemy and probably sends microwaves( it doesn't matter, when you try him you'll see what I mean). MAKES CRAP of any unit in seconds. But it's weaker than other bunker dwellers. Biggest damage in the game. You can't meet him in the original missions. You can find him in the multiplayer map "Bridge Too Far" and in Xtreme Evolved level 1- "Fresh meat". 
Oil Patches
A bubbling black spot on the ground. Your only resource of RUs-money is this spot. Take your mobile Derrick here. Until Oil Drill is created you can't know how much oil it contains. 
 Map
You'll get map after upgrading Outpost ar Clan Hall. After second upgrade you can see enemy units and buildings on the map. Useful thing.
Upgrading and Tech levels
Upgrading is increasing the ability of the buildings-Tech Levels. To make upgrades you need Research Lab/Alchemy Hall. Upgradeable buildings are: Outpost, Clan Hall, Machine Shop, Blacksmith, Beast Enclosure, Repair Bay, Menagerie. There is such thing as Global Tech level, and Local. Global is basically your limit to upgrades. And local Tech level is what your building's levels currently are. The more upgrades you make on the building, the better units it can produce/train. The more upgrades you make on the Repair Bay/Menagerie the faster it repairs and takes less RUs. You really should upgrade all the buildings to max Tech level in most of the missions 
Limitations
Just like in the real life you have some limits in good things. You can't build more than 4 power stations, more than 4 Machine Shops,Blacksmiths,Beast Enclosures, Clan Halls or Outposts. Also you are not allowed to build more than 8 towers of any kind. And there is limit in units- I think about 100-150, Once I built a LOT of snipers and it said: "no units available for construction" when I tried to build more. Don't worry this isn't the end of the world... 
Unit Properties
Each unit starts as a rookie-level 1 and by shooting things that move or shooting back gains experience. There are 3 levels. When Infantry unit gains second level he increases his accuracy and can cure himself very slowly, beast/vehicle by gaining 2nd level increases its accuracy. When infantry unit gains 3rd level his damage increases and he's able to cure himself pretty quickly. Vehicle/Beasts make more damage when they reach level 3. No Vehicle or Beast can cure itself. 
Detention Center
Basically it's a prison were Survivors hold captured Evolved. Only 2000 hit points so it won't stand for a long time. You can't build one. Can't be saboteured with Vandals. Release your friends in Evolved level 7.
Holding Pen
Identical to Survivor counterpart: 2000 hit points, not buildable, and can't be saboteured. Rescue the commander in Survivor level 9, and save poor guys in Xtreme Survivor level 8.
Click here to go back to index