The Goblin King laughed and said, "Spindizzy, it would be a shame to lose you, but if you wish to go, I'll give you the chance."
    "What must I do?" Spindizzy asked.
    "You must find for me the Largest Number In Existence. And bring it back to me. The Goblin King watched for her reaction, but she didn't really have one.
    "Okay," was all she said before she spun on her heel and flew off. She stopped mid-weave near the cave mouth that led up to the surface world. "Sire?" she called back. "What color is the Largest Number?" When the Goblin King shrugged in response Spindizzy replied, "Typical," and flew out.
    As she flew to the surface she decided she would fly to the beach and she hoped that she would be able to figure out why she was going there, of all places, by the time she got there. At the latest.
    When she set down in one of her less graceful landings and found herself covered in sand it came to her. She lay down on her side and picked out a single grain of sand an inch away from her face and said, "Hello, little grain of sand, I'm Spindizzy!"
    Spindizzy normally had quite a knack for convincing inanimate objects that they could talk, but nothing seemed to work on this stubborn little speck of sand. At last, she stuck her tongue out at it, hoping to provoke it into talking, when, suddenly, her nose started itching and she sneezed without warning. From several feet away she could hear a tiny, "Bless you!"

Return to Red's Castle