Eliz's Tat Chat Shuttle
copyright 3/98
tatted shuttle
The original is tatted with size 16 Finca perle cotton.
Center:  Shuttle only.
        Clover of R 4-3-4-3, R 3+5-4-5-3, R 3+4-3-4, leave a space of thread
        R 6+4-4-6, rw, repeat this ring joining to first ring of clover, leave a space of thread.  (note you are not rw after the repeated rings)
        R 7+7-5-9, rw, repeat this ring on opposite side, leave a space of thread.
        R10+7-4-7-10, rw, repeat on opposite side, leave a space of thread.
        R 9+5-7-7, rw, repeat on opposite side, leave a space of thread.
        R 6+4-4-6, rw, repeat on opposite side, leave a space of thread.
        Clover of R 4+3-4-3, R 3+5-4-5-3, R 3+4-3+4.  Cut and sew in
ends.
*Outer Round:  With ball and shuttle.  (All joins are done with the
shuttle thread and do not count as part of the double stitch counts.)  With center laying stretched out left to right, join to top free picot of left clover.   Now working to the right and joining to free picots...
        Ch 6ds, j, 6ds, j, 7ds, j, 8ds, j, 3ds, j, 8ds, j, 7ds, j, 6ds, j, 6ds, j, 3ds, med p, extra large p, med p, 3ds, j, Ch 6ds, j, 6ds, j, 7ds, j, 8ds, j, 3ds, j, 8ds, j, 7ds, j, 6ds,
j, 6ds, j, 3ds, sm p, med  p, sm p, 2ds, j in picot where this outer round began.
        Ch 75ds and join to corresponding picot of clover on other end.
Make a 2nd half without "popping" the stitch to lock your threads.)
*SPECIAL NOTE:  Chain length varies depending on how tightly you pack your double
stitches.  The counts in this outer round are the counts that work for me.  Be prepared to increase or decrease the number of stitches to get a smooth outer round that doesn't wave much.
VARIATION:  Try using the node stitch or ric rack (how does one spell that?) instead of a regular double stitch in the outer round.  It gives a very interesting effect.  I used a count of 3 first half, 3 second half, and added an extra regular double stitch where the count was not going to work out with the number of double stitches I used before.
| home | news | members | pictures | patterns | exchange |