Heart and Flower Exchange:
Please click on the small pictures to see a larger one.

Leslie Gale for Karen Karen for Gale Beth Z.
tammy
ruth mark mark sue Mark
mimi georgette betty maus
gale Julie Julie Julie Darlene
Darlene Darlene Betsy Carol Mary
Sarah sarah

1)Leslie for BethZ.
2) Gale for Karen This pattern was inspired by the heart designed by Georgia Seitz (which is the split ring heart in red) and recent engagement wishes made mostly by Kersti! I made a ring into a heart for the male and female half of the heart and wove it into the red heart. A brass charm was attached in the middle. Thread: Gütermann 100% Viscose Machine Embroidery Thread
3) Karen for Gale The pattern is by Lori Fritz and is out of a Workbasket 
size 10 peach thread
4) Beth Z. for Leslie Beth's original design.
5) Karen W. for Mark
6) Donna L. for Mark #8 Pearl Cotten
7) Donna L. for Mark #8 Pearl Cotton
8) Donna L. for Mark #8 Pearl Cotton
9) Liz for Mimi Liz' own design, done in #20 Cebelia.
10) Tammy for Ruth found on the web "February project"
11) Ruth for Tammy
12) Mark for Karen W. his own design
13) Mark for Karen W. his own design
14) Sue for Sarah Coats Mercer Crochet #20, shade #205, her own design, worked continuous with split rings.Iinspiration came from a simple triangular motif in an ancient UK partwork magazine "Golden Hands".
15) Mimi for Liz Mimi says:The pattern is not original; however, I cannot find the pattern to tell you who designed it!! In fact, if someone recognizes it and can tell me where the pattern is and who designed it, I'd be grateful! I made one years ago, and dug it out when I heard about the exchange, and counted the knots. I used Cebelia size 30 crochet cotton.
16) Georgette for Carla
17) Betty for Hope It is size 80 DMC Tatting thread, I think the color is 99, varigated white to deep red.  The pattern came from the Rosemary Peel book "Tatting for Pleasure".
18) Mark for Donna DMC perle coton size 8.  I used two shuttles in order to make the color changes.
19) Maus for Gale Basically "just tatting". My own design (which I gave up writing down), #80 DMC tatting thread, an austrian crystal, petite bead, pinback finding.
20) Gale for Maus The pansy is an adaptation of Julia Saunders pansy;  needle tatted with Gutermann 100% Viscose machine embroidery thread.  The size, if I remember, is 1" square.
21) Julie for Darlene I made this one it's a bookmark from the needle tatting class I taught.  I posted the pattern back in July or so to the list.Knit-Cro-Sheen.  Pink with a gold filiment.  The thread is of unknown age.  It may have belonged to my great-grandmother before it was handed to me after her death.
22) Julie for Darlene It is made from red size 30 Clark.  Again a vintage thread.  It is a pattern that was sent to me by a lady I taught how to tat long distance.  I have no  title for the book but it is on pp. 77-8.
23)  Julie for Darlene  It is made out of white size 100, yet another vintage ball.
24) Darlene for Julie Thread is a size 20.  It has seed beads scattered throughout.  The pattern is from Mary Konior's _Visual Patterns_.
25) Darlene for Julie  The pattern is from _A New Twist on Tatting_ by Catherine Austin.  The thread is Finca Presencia No 12, a Spanish perle cotton. 
26 Darlene for Julie This one was on the outside of the envelope :)
27) Betsy for Charles
28) Carol for Mary  The pattern was from Rosemarie Peel's  Tatting for Pleasure I used Size 20 Manuela M011..
29) Mary for Carol Mary used Size 10 Manuela  M201. The pattern for this heart is on Tatter's homepage HERE.
30) Sarah for Sue cotton #8 shade #209; Pattern by Diane M. Whisnant and available for sale at Diane's Homepage.
31) Sarah for Sue cotton #8 shade #209; old Workbasket pattern.

| home | news | members | pictures | patterns | exchange | chat |