Some Things to Remember When Enjoying This List.....:)
With all the ups and downs that we had so far, Barbara came up with a wonderful list of facts WHY its no surprise that we often have different opinions and seem (SEEM!!) not to get along. Believe me, we do get along....
The following citation was posted on TatChat a while ago, I hope that new members find it helpful as well as old members who may need to cool down once in a while.
"I can only guess at the age range of the posters. I know one is 23, and I am quite
sure that I am closer to the opposite end. Does anybody out there actually remember
FDR? Not me, I am just a bit younger than that.
We also have a range of marital status. Married, Widowed, Divorced, Never Married,
wishing they had never married, a whole gamut.
We have few or no children, or we have many children. We have children for many
reasons, or we choose not to have children. I have as many as happen to be at home at
any one time. Usually one, but the other two are out facing the world.
Then where do we live? All over the place. Some in the cities where the side walks
shimmer with the heat, others in the country where the mist rises off the lakes, then
there are some who choose to rough it in the wild for the joys associated with that.
Anybody want to use my three holer during an ice storm? Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
How about education? Some went far, some not so far, some wish they had more, some
even wish they had less. Round and round we go. For the most part we read the letters
eagerly, not commenting on grammar, syntax or spelling. Some people have quirks of
written speach, because that is what this is. Not great literature, but conversation
in written form. An over used and abused phrase is "you can't see facial expression"
in writing, but emotions can and do come across, vividly. Some of us have more
trouble with writing than others but that is of no consequence, we come to know the
person and can read the meaning inspite of those little quirks that become part of
the identity of the writer.
Some of us write short frequent messages, others write great long essays (busted).
Some of us seldom write. Some of us have little to do and all the time in the world
to do it. Some of us are on the fly. Some of us are fit and active, others are ill or
disabled.
We are rich, or poor, or have enough or even wish we had more.
We all have two things in common, we like people and we like to Tat. Otherwise I
challenge any group of 150 to get along perfectly ALL the time. Even the "Little
Women" couldn't do it, and there were only four of them. Remember in the first few
paragraphs, I believe Meg said "Little Birds in their nest agree" ROLF, can you
imagine this group all sitting in a big nest on top of a tree? Surely there would be
squirming and nudging, and certianly at least one would fall over the edge to be
snatched back to safety by the others.
So some of us need to agree to disagree and get on with this great adventure called
life, made quite a bit easier with the wonderful technology we have right at the end
of our fingers on the keyboard. This is my second time around raising a 16 yr old
girl, and truly with the support of the people on this list it is proving to be much
easier than the last time."
Barbara
Thanks, and **smile**!
| home | news | members | pictures | patterns | exchange |