Eliz' Scissor's Finder:
Eliz' scissors holder Here is the scissors finder that Eliz designed. I didn't have a solid size 10 thread so I did it all in the variegated (Manuela, size 10, M202). 
The funniest thing happened when I wanted to cut off the last two little thread ends at the top...I had my scissors right there, yes LOL but they don't reach to their own handle. Got me puzzled there for a sec. 

email Eliz 

Eliz's Scissor Finder

(A pattern using split rings.)
copyright 1997

Use this to help you find your scissors on the table, in your chair, or in your tatting bag -- or wear it on your wrist and get your scissors into your hand with a flick of the wrist.  It also hangs nicely from the arm of my favorite rocking chair.

Materials Needed:
your favorite pair of tatting scissors
2 shuttles
Variegated Size 10 thread
Solid Size 10 thread

Load two shuttles with the variegated thread.Grab the thread between the shuttles and draw the loop up through the hole in your scissors.Now draw the two shuttles through the loop and pull on the two shuttles simultaneously to tighten the threads.  The thread is now locked onto the scissors.

Tat the required length of split rings (I used 28) using this count:
Shuttle 1: 4ds, p, 4ds;  Shuttle 2: 4 LHK, p, 4 LHK.Close ring.  Repeat for necessary length.  Tie ends around the thread between the scissors and the first split ring forming a complete circle.  Finish the ends.

*Using a shuttle and ball of the solid thread, join to any outside picot of a split ring.
Chain 8ds, tighten chain by sliding the stitches together, join to picot of adjacent ring. (NOTE:  Join with the shuttle thread and do a second half ds and count
this combination as the first ds in your next chain.)Continue around the circle.
Complete the circle by tieing the last chain into the first picot used in this round.  Finish ends.*

Repeat from * to * on the opposite side of the split ring circle.

NOTE:  It is possible to work the outer solid round on the two sides without cutting between them.  Use one of the split rings at the place where the scissors is attached as your starting point. When you circle back around to this point on the first side, tat a small chain to bridge your way over to the other side, joining to the scissors or the split ring as your cross over.

ENJOY!
| home | news | members | patterns | pictures | exchange |