This is:
'Big' John Duncan

John wrote to me recently, confirming some of what I'd heard already (he's family) and the full text of the email can be seen by here.  He kindly sent me some these new pics of himself and his hubby.

Big John is a bit of musical journeyman, having been in all kinds of bands...

He started out a band called 'Zeitgeist' before joining punk band 'Exploited'.  Then came 'Blood Uncles' before 'Goodbye Mr McKenzie' who did that whole 80s band thing...

And like most Scottish bands, seemed to have been permanently serious and glum looking...

They finally split in the early 90s.

Some of the band, including Shirley Manson, formed Angelfish (not Silverfish as I said previously) before Shirl went on to current success with Garbage. Our Big John though played for a while with Nirvana, (now that would have been a good career move) and Gin Goblins ("punk thrash from hell") before joining a new band called Petrol3.

And if anyone has been watching Channel 4 in the UK's comedy series"Young Persons Guide to Becoming a Rock Star" then, like me, you might have been lucky enough to spot John playing guitar as "Derek Clapton" on the song "Why Won't You Shag Me?"

Special thanks go from me to John for being so kind about my site, and this page.