Journals of a Gay Vegan: Reviews

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut

Producers are always pushing the limits of what's acceptable.

Here we have a cartoon about four boys who sneak into an R-rated movie and later attempt to save the actors of that movie from recieving the death penalty for their obscene behaviors. Well, God bless those four boys for taking a stand against capital punishment!

The movie that the kids sneak in to see is called, "Terrence and Phillip." The stars of the movie are infatuated with farting and cussing. The characters in "Terrence and Phillip" sing catchy tunes involving catchy cuss words and lots of bodily noise. Well, the parents in South Park are in an outrage over the gross humor of Terrence and Phillip so they wage a war on these two Canadian actors and on all of Canada (since afterall, Canada produced this trash). So the kids take on a personal mission to try and save Terrence and Phillip from the wrath of the parents of South Park.

Along the way some sad things happen. Kenny dies -- and goes to hell -- where he meets Satan -- who thinks he's in love with Sadam Hussein -- who wants to destroy the earth.

In the end the movie comes down to a battle of free speech, which the producers of South Park hail as the ultimate virtue. A warning: The movie is a lot worse than the TV show. There is cartoon nudity. There is tons of cussing. There is violence and death. And there's a lot of singing. A LOT of singing.

Isn't it ironic how catchy offensiveness can be. I caught myself tapping my foot as Terrence and Phillip sang their rendition of "Uncle Fuck". It's a highly offensive movie, but I did enjoy it. Perhaps the producers will continue to push the limits and one day I'll say they've gone to far and I won't spend $6.50 on a ticket. If the movie "Terrence and Phillip" were actually produced here I sincerely doubt I would waste my time watching something so stupid. There comes a point where grossness has no point. South Park hasn't crossed that line yet, but it's definetely not appropriate for children. For now I'll give 4 out of 5 stars. And I'll probably go see it again so I can relearn all the replacements for swearing that the children learn. "And don't say 'fuck', say 'mkay'."

Watch the trailor for South Park.

Visit the Official South Park Movie Home Page.

Read what other people thought of this movie.

- Return To Main -

[Introspection] [Essays] [Journals] [Reviews] [Poetry] [Miscellaneous]