Custom Water Art

Well, my friend Dee has built a fountain, but unfortunately, she is too embaressed to let me take a picture of it. It is lovely though. A large, widemouthed blue mason jar, filled with Texas sandstone and glass slag and wrapped with silk ivy. She has arrainged the sandstone and clear glass slag beneath the water flow and has through careful placing produced a very soothing sound effect that is reminisant of a lively brook. By rearrainging the sandstone and glass slag, different tones can be achieved. I've got the Mavica, it's now a matter of waiting for her to turn her back.

Have been working on bronze pieces myself. Got the torch and the materials,(my brother used to work high steel and so I have all sorts of new metal working tools. (Grunt, Grunt!) New tools! My fountains will be more art deco, designed to produce higher tones by running the water across and over the metal. I'm working on a lighter weight model that can hang from the wall without being to heavy. So far everything is table top. I've got the camera and the scanner now, so just a little more, and there will be pictures.

Go Back<<<<<<