Back to Home
Y2K Quilters' Party
Back to Home

We had a wild and wacky time at IQF 2000. Our party was held on Friday, November 3rd from 7-9pm. This was the scheduled party time, but it sort of got started around 5:30pm, when I ran into Jean Snyder and Virginia Corriea near the meeting place. The three of us sort of crashed an America Online QuiltChat group which was meeting nearby and having a show and tell. After laughing at and making fun of them for a while, we realized that Diane Anderson and her daughter, Megan, were sitting across the room. Megan is one of our sponsors, btw.

Soon we were joined by Sue Hammond, Mary Ellen Zeitz, Lyn Petty (and a guest), Karen Veiga (and her sister), Janet and Sandra Perry, Chanin Rivenbark, Karen Whiteside (and her guest, Marilyn, another exhibit sponsor), Donna Lawicki (and her granddaughter, Lacey), and Jean Snyder. A few other Y2K swappers not included in the exhibit stopped by to say "hi" and chat for awhile.

The party was a blast, with everyone merrily chatting away, happy to be finally meeting those we have been e-mailing for so long. Donna brought Christmas ornaments for everyone, along with a wonderful poem. Mary Ellen brought out the beautiful quilt which all the exhibit quilter had been working on during the summer. It had a block from every quilter and an extra one "The Alabama Star" for me. I was very surprised and moved by the wonderful gesture of appreciation.

Mary Ellen Zeitz reads the inscription on the quilt label to Rachel K. Ivey.

Rachel K. Ivey poses in front of her new quilt.

During the party people were passing their programs around to have everyone sign them, and Karen Whiteside brought one of our exhibit t-shirts for everyone to autograph for her. After that, it was time for taking pictures.

The Y2K Quilters and their guests at the party.

BACK TO EXHIBIT DISPLAY PREVIEW