LED ZEPPELIN Presence

©1976 Flames of Albion Music Inc. / Warner-Chappell Music Ltd.

Lyrics have been accumulated from various sources including song books etc., and may not be 100% accurate.

Achilles Last Stand

(Page/Plant)

It was an April morning when they told us we should go As I turn to you, you smiled at me How could we say no?

With all the fun to have, to live the dreams we always had Oh, the songs to sing, when we at last return again

Sending off a glancing kiss, to those who claim they know To know the streets the seaman hears The devil is in his hole

Oh to sail away, To sandy lands and other days Oh to touch the dream, Hides inside and never seen.

Into the sun the south the north, Lies the first of hope The shackles of commitment fell, In pieces on the ground

Oh to ride the wind, To tread the air above the din Oh to laugh aloud, Dancing as we fought the crowd

To seek the man whose pointing hand, The giant step unfolds With guidance from the curving path, That churns up into stone

If one bell should ring, in celebration for a king So fast the heart should beat, As proud the head with heavy feet.

Days went by when you and I, Made an eternal summers glow As far away and distant, Our mutual time to grow

Oh the sweet refrain, Soothes the soul and calms the pain Oh Albion remains, sleeping now to rise again

Wandering upon the rings, What place to rest the search The mighty arms of Atlas, Hold the heavens from the earth

The mighty arms of Atlas, Hold the heavens from the earth From the earth...

I know the way, know the way, know the way, know the way (X2)

Oh the mighty arms of Atlas, Hold the heavens from the earth.

For Your Life

(Page/Plant)

You said I was the only, With my lemon in your hand Exhibition is your habit, Emotions second hand. Had to pull away to save me, Maybe next time around And she said, don't you wannit? Don't you want coca coca cocaine? Hadn't planned to, could not stand to try it, friend, yeah.

Heard a cry for mercy, In the city of the damned Oh oh babe, damned Impossible to go lower, the next stop's on the ground Oh, low on the ground You want to know is it quite over, To fame and tears and losing hair And I said: didn't mean to... did not mean to fail You didn't plan it, you overran it

You wanna do it, you wanna You wanna do it when you wanna You wanna do it, do it when you wanna

When you blow it, babe, You got to blow it right Oh baby, if you fake it, mama, Baby, fake with all your might When you fake it, mama, Please fake it right

For yourself, babe, will you fake it? You're fakin' it for your life For your life, For your life, For your life Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, Do it when you wanna Do it, do it, do it, Do it when you wanna

Oh, I can have you, baby, But I don't know what to do, yeah Sometime, baby, nothin' I could do Wanna find myself a crystal, Payin' through the nose And when they couldn't resist you, I said "Just go with the flow"

And now your stage is empty and now the curtain, baby please. Fold up your show Hadn't planned to, Could not stand to, (fryin...) Hadn't planned it, I over-ran it, (fryin) For your life, For your life.

Royal Orleans

(Bonham/Jones/Page/Plant)

One town love, You better take care how you use it Try to make it last all night, And if you take your pick Be careful how you choose it, Sometimes its hard to feel it bite Feel it bite. A man I know, went down to Louisiana, Had himself a bad, bad fight And when the sun peeks through John ?????????? ???????? He kissed the whiskers and left and right Whiskers!

Now, now, now, A fight subsides Out at a hotel in the quarter, Our friendship took a bash tonight Now love gets hot, Look far for a sea with water Grew whiskers sittin' there through the night

Whiskers!

Down on Bourbon street, You know it's right You can see my friend, When they run around us in the night Most everywhere, Until the closet's bare Run for the razor, Doin' up my hair

New Orleans queens, Sure know how to schmooze it Maybe for some that seems alright When I step out, I'm struck down with my sugar She done talk like Barry White!

Now, one town love, Take care how you use it And try to make it last all night Take your pick, Be careful how you choose it Sometimes it's hard to feel it bite.

Nobody's Fault But Mine

(Page/Plant)

Nobody's fault but mine (X 2) Trying to save my soul to light It's nobody's fault but mine

Devil he told me to roll (X2) How to roll the line tonight Nobody's fault but mine

Somebody show me the door? Somebody show me the ding dong ding dong I will get down rolling tonight (??) Oh, it's nobody's fault but mine

Got a monkey on my back. (X 2) Gonna change my ways tonight Nobody's fault but mine

Candy Store Rock

(Page/Plant)

Well... Oh baby baby. Don't you want a man like me? Oh baby baby, I'm just as sweet as anybody could be Oh baby baby, I want to look to your eyes, of blue Oh baby baby, It's more than anybody else could do

Well... Oh baby baby. You know when I see you walkin down the street Oh baby baby, Well you lookin good enough to eat Oh baby baby, I dont believe I've tasted this before Oh baby baby, I want it now And every mouthfull more of you.

Talk about you, Yeah.

Oh baby baby, You know that I wanted it more Oh baby baby, I'm about to kiss goodbye to this store Oh baby baby, It ain't the wrapping that sells the goods Oh baby baby, I got a sweet tooth when my mouth is full of you.

Ooh baby oh baby its alright, its alright Ohh baby its alright...its alright

Oh baby baby, Well now you sting me like a bee oh baby baby, I like your honey; it sure does me Oh baby baby, I got the spoon inside your jar Oh baby baby, Dont give me too much, don't make me starve

Oh baby baby, Sugar sittin on a silver plate Oh baby baby, I'll eat 'em up, I just cant wait you know Oh baby baby, You see me shakin my head Oh baby baby, Dont give me (clover?) 'cause it tastes so bad Tastes so bad...

Oh baby it's alright, oh it's alright It's alright... (repeat)

Hots On For Nowhere

(Page/Plant)

I was burned in the heat of the moment, Oh, it could've been the heat of the day When I learned how my time had been wasted, Dear fellows I turned away Now I've got friends who will give me their shoulder, When I should happen to fall Time and his bride growing older I've got friends who will give me fuck all

Corner of Bleeker and nowhere In the land of not quite day A shiver runs down my backbone Face in the mirror turns grey So, I looked around for a hitch from a reindeer Said you oughta find him out in the day I turned around to look for the snowman To my surprise he'd melted away.

The moon and the stars out of order As the tide tends to ebb and sway The sun in my soul's sinking lower While the hope in my hands turns to clay I don't ask that my feet fall on clover I don't roam at opportunity's door Why don't you ask my advice, take it slowerv Then your story'd be your finest reward.

Lost on the path to attainment Search in the eyes of the wise When I bled from the heart of the matter I started bleeding without a disguise Now everything's finally happened Now and then you've got to take time to pause When you're down on the ground, don't be messin' around Or you'll land in a boat without oars Hey babe, Hey babe, Hey babe, I lost my way.

Hey babe, Hey babe, I don't know where I'm gonna find it.

Hey babe, Hey babe, Do you wanna know, Do you really, really, wanna help me, yeah?

Let me tell you now, babe Let me tell you That it feels so good that it must be right

Now my babe, Let me tell you That it feels so good that it must be right...

Tea For One

(Page/Plant)

How come twenty four hours, Baby sometimes seem to slip into days? Oh twenty-four hours, Baby sometimes seem to slip into days A minute seems like a lifetime, baby when I feel this way Sittin, lookin at the clock, time moves so slow I've been watchin for the hands to move Until I just can't look no more How come twenty four hours, Baby sometimes seems to slip into days? A minute seems like a lifetime, Baby when I feel this way.

To sing a song for you, I recall you used to say "Oh baby this one's for we two", Which in the end is you anyway

How come twenty four hours, Baby sometimes slip into days? A minute seems like a lifetime, baby when I feel this way.

There was a time that I stood tall, In the eyes of other men But by my own choice I left you woman, And now I can't get back again

How come twenty-four hours, sometimes slip into days? A minute seems like a lifetime, Baby when I feel this way A minute seems like a lifetime When I feel this way...I feel this way

zurueck zur Discographie