Indeed, Life is Beautiful

• I am Jesus P. Mercado, Jr. I have the following education and training:
    1. I graduated with a Bachelor in Philosophy, AB-Philosophy. I had postgraduate studies in Philosophy and Theology.
    2. I took up MBA studies at the Ateneo the Davao University.
    3. I attended management studies at the Asian Institute of Management(AIM'86), and at Cornell University (Cornell'92).
    4. I had attended Total Quality Management Workshops and Conferences in Juran IMPRO'92 and IMPRO'98 (USA), and on ISO-9000's.

• My Work and Career:
    1. I first worked as a College Instructor (Philosophy and Theology)at a Jesuit College in Davao City: Ateneo de Davao College, now a Univeristy. I taught for three years.
    2. I came in to work in Stanfilco, a banana Division of Dole Philippines of a USA based Dole Foods Company, on July 11,1973. Since then I have worked in Stanfilco and Dole for the last 28 years.

• My work experience covers the following up to today: Banana Packaging Technologies, Quality Control and Quality Assurance,Banana Market Knowledge, Banana Agriculture Technologies, Organizational Development, Total Quality Management,Education and Training(Dole University). I extend my services to Dole Asia for Total Quality Management and for Dole University. I have been visiting markets and meeting customers to closely observe and study the development of the banana markets in Japan, Korea, Middle East, Hongkong, China, and New Zealand. I have seen how bananas are grown and packed in Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, and Ecuador.

[email protected]

(JPM: update, Sept.12, 1999)

Back to Index

Some Links on the Philosophy of Man