My name is Cristian Lopez. I came to the United States of America on August 5, 1997. I'm from Guatemala Central America. I studied English at the University of Oklahoma before I came to Lafayette where I am already a sophomore in Petroleum Engineering at the University of Southwestern Louisiana. I studied 8 semesters in Civil Engineering at the University of San Carlos of Guatemala, in my country before to come here. This web page is a project of my Technical Writing class, if you want to visit my professor home page click here . I am so exited because it is my first experience in this type of project. I have learned a lot of things and I have found an excellent use for them with a good application in my field. Internet is a very important communication resource, which offers us the opportunity to share important information. My personal goals are to get my degree in Petroleum and Civil Engineering. I want to work hard to help the people from my country, and do something which can help humankind to live better. I like sports, specially football soccer, which is the most popular sport in my country. I love to listen to music, and I do not have a favorite kind of music, I listen to the music according to my mood. From Rock and Roll to Marimba, the national music of my country. I do not like to much watching TV, so I like to do it seldom. I love to dance, my specialty is Salsa and Merengue ( Latin Music).

I would like to take you for a tour to my country Guatemala, but it is virtually impossible, so I will try to give you a imaginary tour with the help of the following pictures:

Atitlan Lake.

Antigua Guatemala