Groundhog(logo).gif (3799 bytes)

groundhog [poster2].jpg (27781 bytes)

"Brilliant new comedy... Murray is just perfect" (Sunday Mirrior)

Rabbit's Rate: ***** (out of *****)

Classic Description:
A new and intriguing comedy Groundhog Day (1993), directed by Harold Ramis, is really ironic.  Bill Murray takes the role of a mean TV weatherman who is sent for the 4th year running to the small town in Punxsutsawney to cover the Groundhog ceremony held every February 2nd.  But something terrible happens on Phil (Bill) that he repeats the same day - Groundhog Day -  over, over and over again...until he gets the right.  Groundhog Day is regarded as one of the Top 10 Comedies Ever.   It is brilliant and romantic, especially the scene Bill dances with Andie Macdowell, with Ray Charles' You Don't Know Me for the background music.   The repeating event of Bill makes people go into hysterics and want to watch this movie over, over and over again...

Classic Information:
Director: Harold Ramis
Cast: Bill Murray, Andie Macdowell, Charles Elliott, and Brain Doyle-Murray

Release Date:
12 February 1993 (USA)

Classic Quote of Bill in Groundhog Day:
"It's the same things in your whole life.  'Clean up your room!', 'Stand up straight!', 'Pick up your feet!', 'Take it like a man!', 'Be nice to your sister!', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever!'.  Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track!"
More Quotes...

Trivia:
1. It was voted to be The Best Date Movie of All Time by Mr. Showbiz.
2. It was voted to be one of the Greatest Comedy of All Time.
3. Bill was hit by the groundhog several times when filming Groundhog Day.

Business:
Gross: $70.906m (USA) (Within the highest grossing movie of 1993)

Classic Reviews:
Roger Rabbit's Review
More and more...

Submit Your Own Review For Groundhog Day!

In order to submit your own review for the movie, you just need to send an e-mail to [email protected] with your name, e-mail address, and certainly, the review.  Either long or short review will do.  After submitting me your review, the review will be posted on this page as soon as possible.  I'm looking forward to seein' your classic review!

Classic Movie Stills:

Groundhog(small2).jpg (11649 bytes)
Bill is struggling through the blizzard.

More Movie Stills