SCROOGED

Scrooged(Poster).jpg (4160 bytes)

"Bill Murray is back among the ghosts,
Only this time, it is three against one."

Rabbit's Rate: **** (out of *****)

Classic Description:
Remake of the Dicken's classic, A Christmas Carol.  Also a big comeback movie of Bill Murray.  Scrooged, co-starring Karen Allen, Robert Mitchum, directed by Richard Donner, became a modern Christmas classic.  Murray's mean performance (Frank Cross) in the film once again proves his ability to make drama; of course, he got a lot humors in the movie that could make us laugh for a thousand times!

Classic Information:
Director: Richard Donner
Cast: Bill Murray, Karen Allen, Robert Mitchum, John Glover, John Murray, Brain Doyle-Murray, and Carol Kane   

Release Date:
December 1988 (USA)

Classic Quote of Bill in Scrooged:
"We don't want to scare the Dickensian of people!  The Dickensian of people!  Nobody understand me!" (More...)

Trivia:
1. Murray's elder brother, Brian Doyle-Murray plays Frank Cross' father, younger brother, John Murray plays his younger brother, and Joel Murary plays a party guest.
2. Producer Art Linson directed Bill in 1980's Where The Buffalo Roam.
3. At the end of the movie, when everybody sings "Put a little love in your heart", Bill says, "Feed me Seymour!  Feed me!", which is a refrence to Little Shop of Horrors, a musical movie that Bill got a role.
4. Scrooged is regarded as one of the classic Christmas movies.
5. Ranked #6 Top 10 Ghost Movies by Top 10 1999.

Business:
Gross: $60.328 (USA) (Among the highest grossing movie of 1988)

Classic Mutimedia:
See Classic Quotes
scrooged[soundtrack].jpg (11875 bytes)
The Soundtrack Cover

Classic Review:
Roger Rabbit's Review
More...

Submit Your Own Review For Scrooged!

In order to submit your review for the movie, you just need to send an e-mail to [email protected] with oyur name, e-mail address, and certainly, the article.  Either short or long review will do.  After submitting me your review, the reivew will be posted on this page as soon as possible.  I'm looking forward to receivin' your review!

Classic Movie Stills:

Dsc0081.jpg (34784 bytes)
Bill Murray as Frank Cross

More Movie Stills

Being haunted?  Try to find Ghostbusters!