Wild Things

A film review by Whopper Daddy
Copyright 1998 Whopper Daddy

Wild Things is not suitable for children because there's a lot of sex in it.   But Bill Murray's performance is great.  He's better than Kevin Bacon, Matt Dillon, and Neve Campbell, undoubtedly.  However, the movie isn't all bad.  The camera work is pretty good and the music by George S. Clinton stole the show.  I think they try to do too much with the plot.  There are several good twists, but it's too intentional.  I think Director John  McNaughton wants to copy the well-organized plot in Danny Boyle's Shallow Grave.  There are many good ideas in it but it doesn't work altogether.  Part of the reason is that most actors in the movie are very bad.  Campbell, Dillon, and Denise Richards are only there for their good looks.  Bill Murray's by far the best actor in the film.  This is a borderline film and if you go see only Murray's performance, it's not worth the money and time. 

Is there anything you want to say about this movie?  Or you just disagree with the above review.  Anyway, send me a review. 

Back to Wild things